Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question About Posting
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Question About Posting Post 302798057 by sudon't on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 06:14:34 PM
Old 04-23-2013
Question About Posting

A couple of questions, actually. I wanted to ask the community where I might find a large, up-to-date dictionary wordlist. I figure that this is a likely place to find someone with this answer. I'm not looking for a cracking wordlist, but rather, one derived from an actual dictionary. Like most of us, I have the Webster's Second International found in most unix installations, but it's a bit out of date.
So, my question is, since it's only indirectly related to unix, is it kosher to ask that here? And if so, where would be a good place to post that?
Thanks!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cross Posting

In regards to this post: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10372 it may be advisable to inform new members about the repercussions of cross-posting. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question posting links

Hi, I do not want to violate any rules, so thought to ask before posting any links. Just to contribute to the forum: through surfing I found a link to download "Unix in a Nutshell" (*.chm) FREE. I was wondering if I can post that link here. Thanks Hemang (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posting as Anshaa

User complained they could not post, so testing posting as user. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshaa
0 Replies
UNIQUE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 UNIQUE(8)

NAME
unique - removes duplicates from a wordlist SYNOPSIS
unique output-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the unique command, which is part of the john package. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. john, better known as John the Ripper, is a tool to find weak passwords of users in a server. The unique tool finds and removes duplicate entries from a wordlist (read from stdin), without changing the order. This is important to increase the performance of john when using the wordlist method. SEE ALSO
john(8), mailer(8), unafs(8), unshadow(8). The programs are documented fully by John's documentation, which should be available in /usr/share/doc/john or other location, depending on your system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). John the Ripper and mailer were written by Solar Designer <solar@openwall.com>. The complete list of contributors can be found in the CRED- ITS file in the documentation directory. john June 03, 2004 UNIQUE(8)