Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question About Posting
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Question About Posting Post 302798057 by sudon't on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 06:14:34 PM
Old 04-23-2013
Question About Posting

A couple of questions, actually. I wanted to ask the community where I might find a large, up-to-date dictionary wordlist. I figure that this is a likely place to find someone with this answer. I'm not looking for a cracking wordlist, but rather, one derived from an actual dictionary. Like most of us, I have the Webster's Second International found in most unix installations, but it's a bit out of date.
So, my question is, since it's only indirectly related to unix, is it kosher to ask that here? And if so, where would be a good place to post that?
Thanks!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cross Posting

In regards to this post: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10372 it may be advisable to inform new members about the repercussions of cross-posting. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question posting links

Hi, I do not want to violate any rules, so thought to ask before posting any links. Just to contribute to the forum: through surfing I found a link to download "Unix in a Nutshell" (*.chm) FREE. I was wondering if I can post that link here. Thanks Hemang (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
5 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Posting as Anshaa

User complained they could not post, so testing posting as user. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshaa
0 Replies
INSTALLDEB-HUNSPELL(1)													    INSTALLDEB-HUNSPELL(1)

NAME
installdeb-hunspell - debhelper-like utility for maintainers of Debian packages SYNOPSIS
installdeb-hunspell [debhelper options] DESCRIPTION
installdeb-hunspell is a debhelper like program that is responsible for installing appropriate debhelper snippets in a package, according to the Debian Spell Dictionaries and Tools Policy. For more details, see /usr/share/doc/dictionaries-common-dev/dsdt-policy.txt.gz The actions executed by installdeb-hunspell are the following: o Maintainer Scripts installdeb-hunspell installs the necessary scraps of code in the postinst and postrm scripts. o Language info file installdeb-hunspell also checks a file containing information, called debian/info-hunspell or debian/package.info-hunspell. If this file is successfully parsed, it is installed in the /var/lib/dictionaries-common/hunspell directory. o Debconf files As opposed to installdeb-ispell and installdeb-wordlist, neither installdeb-aspell nor installdeb-hunspell do anything related to debconf files, since both aspell and hunspell rely on the environment variable "LANG" for default dictionary selection instead of using symlinks set after a debconf question on dictionary installation. For that reason if you need to add debconf stuff with debhelper to your aspell or hunspell dictionary package do it in the usual way and call dh_installdebconf(1) as for any other package. OPTIONS
The usual dephelper(1) options are accepted. NOTES
This program is not part of debhelper, although it is intended to be used in hunspell dictionary packages using debhelper in its building. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1) This program is part of the dictionaries-common-dev package. It is intended to be used by maintainers of hunspell dictionary packages for Debian. See the documentation under /usr/share/doc/dictionaries-common-dev. AUTHORS
Rafael Laboissiere, Agustin Martin 1.12.11 2013-1-22 INSTALLDEB-HUNSPELL(1)