Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to setup command and varaibles one time in a server? Post 302797729 by Optimus81 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 05:44:22 AM
Old 04-23-2013
How to setup command and varaibles one time in a server?

Hi All,

Am working on several solaris server and login as root.

As soon as access the server as root user, i need to type in below command/set :

Code:
bash;set -o vi

Is there any root profile file i can set this, so that i don't need to keep typing this command as when i access the server.

All am looking for is to set these above command one time somewhere so that whenever i access the server, by default above 2 command should have been set.

Any help on this.

Note : Am not sure about how to call these, so the subject line might look different

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

2. Linux

retaining the evironment varaibles...

Hi all, I wrote a shell script in which one of the if condition i tried to set few variables and exported them...and when i am out of if condition i wish to run one of my script which uses those variables exported. But i found that when i am out of the if statement those variables... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya444
5 Replies

3. Solaris

XDMCP setup (only one time)

I tried to connect to a Solaris computer through XDMCP (through Xnest from an RHEL 4u4 computer), but it doesn't quite work. I can login once and everything works perfectly. If I log off and try a 2nd time, I can see the login screen, and can enter the username and password, and then if they are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Claw84
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

have difficulty with setup red hat first time

I have problem with installation screen of red hat Fedora. I can't bypass the setup screen for RAID controller. My PC has Promise controller. The Redhat boot disk 1 loads the driver when the CD boots in graphic mode. however, the driver screen has no promise driver. I want to skip this step but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
0 Replies

5. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

6. Gentoo

Server Setup

We have C++ server (web applications) and Java Servers. I am not a Java developer but Java people say that Java Servers requires tomcat as it renders web pages. The Java server updates DB that C++ servers inquires upon and makes processing accordingly. This setup is ok for a user as the user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Time Setup

Hi Guys, can someone help me how to setup a job in cron that runs each morning from 8-10 a.m. for every half an hour but starting from 8:50 a.m.? so far i have this: 00,30 8-10 * * * but the problem is that it starts at 8:30 instead of 8:50 Anyone? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netrom
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a cron job and specified the start and end time

Hi guys, How can I specify the start and end time of a cron job. And my start time and end time are specified by minutes. For example, I want to set up a cron runs every 3 minutes from 18:40 to midnight. How can i do this please? Many thanks Best regards, Clu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clu
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

[ASK] How to setup portfw to server behind another server

Hi Experts, I was trying to find some documentations about this but seems I'm not good enough to find that one, so I'm seeking a help from the expert here. I have 3 Solaris Server and the diagram as follow: My PC => ---------------------- I was able to setup port forwarding to Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time setup for different date

I want to get sleep time in T variable to start my script next day 22:59:59, if start and current date are different I am not able to achieve that(which is giving negative value), so am just adding +23 hours. But if the date are same I can able to get the sleep time, how to get sleep time if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rozee
1 Replies
cdsd(1m)																  cdsd(1m)

NAME
cdsd - Starts the CDS server SYNOPSIS
cdsd [-a] [-D] [-l principal] [-w route] ARGUMENTS
Creates a new namespace if there is not an existing namespace. This flag is meaningful only when the cell is first configured (that is, the initial creation of the namespace). For debugging use only. Causes the cdsd process not to fork. Locksmith mode. Allows the principal specified to have full access to all information stored with this server. Routes serviceability messages. DESCRIPTION
The cdsd command starts the CDS server. Privilege Required You must log in as superuser (root). NOTES
This command is ordinarily executed by a DCE configuration or startup script. You should use this command interactively only when a cdsd fails to start automatically after a reboot, or if you want to restart a cdsd after disabling it to perform a backup or to do diagnostic work on the host system. EXAMPLE
To restart a cdsd server, follow these steps: Log in to the server system as superuser (root). Verify that the dced and cdsadv processes are running. Enter the following command to restart the CDS server: # cdsd When the server process starts, it starts all clearinghouses on the system. RELATED INFORMATION
Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide cdsd(1m)