Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with TCL code to find IP address from a URL Post 302797595 by ampak on Monday 22nd of April 2013 10:38:42 PM
Old 04-22-2013
Need help with TCL code to find IP address from a URL

Need help with a a tcl code. Need to find out the ip address from a URL if it is present to do some activity.

The URLs will be of the form
<domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1(Note: c not present)
<domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1
<domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4&d=somestring2
<domain>?a=12345&c=10.1.2.4&b=somestring1&d=somestring2

Rules
1) The ip address is present after "c="
2) "c=" may or may not be present
3) If not present the condition should be handled gracefully
4) "c=" may be present anywhere except the end, it will always be "d=" at the end
5) It should only be "c=", something like "ac=" or "bc=" is not valid
6) "c=" will be preceded by either a "?" or "&" only.

Any help with such a code will be helpful.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find subdomain in url

I want to find out subdomains in the url using shell script. e.g narendra.eukhost.com abc.domainname.co.uk I want to extract narendra & abc from the above urls. Please any one can suggest idea or script ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
2 Replies

2. Programming

Syntax error in tcl/tk code

Hi All, I have written a code in tcl which is supposed to open an GUI in which numbers will be entered & after performing selected operation it wil show a result. #!/usr/local/bin/wish #package require Tk #global opr proc DoOperation {} { global opr set fstno set scdno set result ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

TCL scripting - searching for a IP address in a string

Hi All, Can anyone please help me with the regular expression/code snippet to search for an IP address in a string with Tcl scripting. Example string "OSPF_NBRUP OSPF neighbor 16.138.181.15 (realm ospf-v2 e1-0/0/0:37.0 area 0.0.0.0) state changed from Full to Down due to KillNbr" In the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
6 Replies

4. Programming

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%F_”%H_%M”` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of ######### Next Section Does all the processing ######### for i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to Find the status of URL

#!/bin/bash timevar=`date +%d-%m-%Y_%H.%M.%S` #-- > Storing Date and Time in a Variable get_contents=`cat urls.txt` #-- > Getting content of website from file. Note the file should not contain any http:// as its already been taken care of echo "Datae-time URL Status code Report" >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find invalid URL in a text file using shell script?

How to find and remove invalid URLs in a text file using shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to "ls *4.2*" on http URL address ?

Hello. Is there a way to treat internet addresses as hard disk and make ls /url/file_name*.rpmHelp is welcome. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies
fiu-ctrl(1)						      General Commands Manual						       fiu-ctrl(1)

NAME
fiu-ctrl - a script to remote control programs using libfiu SYNOPSIS
fiu-ctrl [options] PID [PID ...] DESCRIPTION
fiu-ctrl is a script to enable/disable failure points in running programs that are using libfiu(3). Programs are usually launched using fiu-run(1), which enables libfiu's remote control capabilities without the need to modify the program's code. For additional documentation, go to the project's website at http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. OPTIONS
-c command Run the given libfiu remote control command before executing the program (see below for reference). -f ctrlpath Set the default prefix for remote control over named pipes. Defaults to "$TMPDIR/fiu-ctrl", or "/tmp/fiu-ctrl" if "$TMPDIR" is not set, which is the usually correct for programs launched using fiu-run(1). Remote control commands are of the form "command param1=value1,param2=value2". Valid commands are: 'enable name=NAME' Enables the NAME failure point unconditionally. 'enable_random name=NAME,probability=P' Enables the NAME failure point with a probability of P. 'disable name=NAME' Disables the NAME failure point. All of the enable* commands can also optionally take failnum and failinfo parameters, analogous to the ones taken by the C functions. EXAMPLES
The following command will tell the process running with PID 12345 to enable the failure point posix/io/read with a 25% of probability to fail, and the failure point libc/mm/malloc with a 5% of probability to fail: fiu-ctrl -c 'enable_random name=posix/io/*,probability=0.25' -c 'enable_random name=libc/mm/*,probability=0.05' 12345 And the following will tell the same process to disable the previously enabled failure point posix/io/read: fiu-ctrl -c 'disable name=posix/io/read' 12345 SEE ALSO
libfiu(3), fiu-run(1). BUGS
If you want to report bugs, or have any questions or comments, just let me know at albertito@blitiri.com.ar. For more information about libfiu, you can go to http://blitiri.com.ar/p/libfiu. 16/Jun/2009 fiu-ctrl(1)