Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract columns based on header Post 302797513 by hanson44 on Monday 22nd of April 2013 05:18:20 PM
Old 04-22-2013
Yes, I also find it hard to understand exactly what you are trying to do. Smilie Please try again.
This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns where header matches a given string

Hi, I'm having trouble pulling out columns where the headers match a file of key ID's I'm interested in and was looking for some help. file1.txt I Name 34 56 84 350 790 1215 1919 7606 9420 file2.txt I Name 1 1 2 2 3 3 ... 34 34... 56 56... 84 84... 350 350... M 1 A A A A... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing columns with header

Hi Gurus, I want to extract certain columns from file 2 and combine with file 1. I am using the following script to extract the columns. $ awk 'FNR>1{print $2, $9, FILENAME}' *.lim > out1 However, this script does not print the titles of the columns 2 and 9. Can somebody help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract columns based on the first line of each column

Sorry to bother you guys again. I have a file1 with multiple columns like this:gga_miR_100 gga_miR_300 gga_miR_3500 gga_miR_4600 gga_miR_5600 gga_miR_30 gga_miR_500 kj rwg ghhh jy jyu we vf 5g 5hg h6 56h i8 45t 44r4 4bg 4r546 9lgtr (fer) 4fr f433 3feev f4 bf4 35g vfr ge 2rr ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuejian
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make copy of text file with columns removed (based on header)

Hello, I have some tab delimited text files with a three header rows. The headers look like, (sorry the tabs look so messy). index group Name input input input input input input input input input input input... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new columns based on existing columns

Hi all, I am kind of stuck with printing my desired output. Please help me if you know how it can work. My input file(tab separated): NW_0068.1 41,16 100,900 NW_0699.1 4,2,19 200,700,80 My Output file (desired): NW_0068.1 41,16 100,900 100 - 141 NW_0068.1 41,16 100,900 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Average columns based on header name

Hi Friends, I have files with columns like this. This sample input below is partial. Please check below for main file link. Each file will have only two rows. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only columns in first two rows based on partial header pattern.

I have this code below that only prints out certain columns from the first two rows (doesn't affect rows 3 and beyond). How can I do the same on a partial header pattern “G_TP” instead of having to know specific column numbers (e.g. 374-479)? I've tried many other commands within this pipe with no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find columns in a file based on header and print to new file

Hello, I have to fish out some specific columns from a file based on the header value. I have the list of columns I need in a different file. I thought I could read in the list of headers I need, # file with header names of required columns in required order headers_file=$2 # read contents... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract certain columnns with header

Hi, I have data which has many columns but i need to extract only three column from below all records have one space in begining. i need to extract only column as below ,any tric awk or sed trick?, please advise. cloumn no : 3 : ORD NO coulmn no : 6: P A R T N U M B E R coulmn no : 9 :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
7 Replies
GSLP(1) 							    Ghostscript 							   GSLP(1)

NAME
gslp - Format and print text using ghostscript gsbj - Format and print text for BubbleJet printer using ghostscript gsdj - Format and print text for DeskJet printer using ghostscript gsdj500 - Format and print text for DeskJet 500 BubbleJet using ghostscript gslj - Format and print text for LaserJet printer using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
gslp -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> -T<n> --add-to-space <units> --add-to-width <units> --columns <n> --detect --first-page <n> --kern <file.afm> --last-page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> --margin-(top|bot- tom|left|right) <inches> --no-eject-(file|formfeed) --spacing <n> [gs options] [files] gsbj [options] [files] gsdj [options] [files] gsdj500 [options] [files] gslj [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This utility provides functionality approximately equivalent to the Unix enscript(1) program. It prints plain text files using a single font. It currently handles tabs and formfeeds, but not backspaces. It will line-wrap when using fixed-pitch fonts. It will also do kern- ing and width adjustment. The default device (-sDEVICE=) and resolution (-r) are as follows: gslp epson 180 gsbj bj10e 180 gsdj deskjet 300 gsdj500 djet500 300 gslj laserjet 300 By default the current date is formatted as the center header. OPTIONS
Standard switches implemented: -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> Sun switches implemented: -T<n> set tab width Switches ignored: -GghKkmow -# -C -d -J -n -P -S -s -t -v Switches added: --add-to-space <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each space (may be negative) --add-to-width <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each character (may be negative) --columns <n> print in <n> columns --detect treat the file as PostScript if it starts with %! --first-page <n> start printing at page <n> --kern <file.afm> kern using information from the given .AFM file --last-page <n> stop printing after page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> set the heading/footing fields; use -B first to clear --margin-(top|bottom|left|right) <inches> set a margin --no-eject-(file|formfeed) end-of-file/FF only starts a new column, not a new sheet --spacing <n> use double (n=2), triple (n=3), etc. spacing Also, the string %# in a heading or footing is replaced with the page #. SEE ALSO
gs(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.63. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 8.63 1 August 2008 GSLP(1)