Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Monitoring VMWare servers with Nagios? Post 302797431 by jmedenf on Monday 22nd of April 2013 02:27:41 PM
Old 04-22-2013
Try bypassing the firewall to see if that is the problem.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Nagios on Solaris for Network and Server Monitoring

Nagios is a free, open source enterprise-class network and server monitoring system that can benefit your IT infrastructure. Bill Bradford describes how to install and set up Nagios on a Solaris 10 system. For this example Bill uses Solaris 10 update 6 running in 32-bit mode on a VMware virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios monitoring question

All, Looking for a nagios plugin which can do the monitoring of a file which has a value and alert if the value in the file goes more than 100 or so. Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios monitoring for switches.

Hi, I have configured check_snmp plugin and using the plugin i am able to monitor the uptime of the switch. But the following fails # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_snmp -H 10.10.10.1 -C ready -o ifOperStatus.1 -r 1 -m RFC1213-MIB SNMP CRITICAL - *down(2)* | # Any suggestions ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

freeBSD CPU monitoring using nagios

Hi all, I am not being able to monitor CPU of freeBSD machine from my CentOS server. I have used check_aix_cpu but always gives garbage value, seems wrong in scripting. i want to monitor CPU usage of my freeBSD machine from my centOS server. I am able to monitor many services of that machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsuwal
0 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Noc for multiple nagios servers

I am trying to gather ideas for building a NOC setup that will be able to monitor 12 separate nagios servers there are located in different datacenters and are accessed via a ssh tunnel. Anyone have any ideas on the best setup for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugenes18t
0 Replies

6. AIX

Is nagios monitoring tool supported on AIX 7.1 ?

Hi, is any one using nagios monitoring solution on AIX ? if yes, is it supported on AIX 7.1 TL 03 as well ? I tried to search online and unix.com , could not find it. Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
5 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios exchane DB monitoring

Hello All, I have urgent requirement to monitor Exchange Database (TESTDB) disk space and it is under Disk3 partition. Currently installed NSClient++ in Exchange server. We have Nagios Xi installed in another server. Can you let me know what are configuration files that I need to modify. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsivavani
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to monitoring windows process using nagios CheckProcState?

Hello, I am trying to get correct syntax to monitoring process running on windows server using CheckProcState. when i am trying below command whether notepad.exe running or not. its showing process running. Could you please provide me correct syantx. /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies
PFSYNC(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 PFSYNC(4)

NAME
pfsync -- packet filter state table sychronisation interface SYNOPSIS
device pfsync DESCRIPTION
The pfsync interface is a pseudo-device which exposes certain changes to the state table used by pf(4). State changes can be viewed by invoking tcpdump(1) on the pfsync interface. If configured with a physical synchronisation interface, pfsync will also send state changes out on that interface, and insert state changes received on that interface from other systems into the state table. By default, all local changes to the state table are exposed via pfsync. State changes from packets received by pfsync over the network are not rebroadcast. Updates to states created by a rule marked with the no-sync keyword are ignored by the pfsync interface (see pf.conf(5) for details). The pfsync interface will attempt to collapse multiple state updates into a single packet where possible. The maximum number of times a sin- gle state can be updated before a pfsync packet will be sent out is controlled by the maxupd parameter to ifconfig (see ifconfig(8) and the example below for more details). The sending out of a pfsync packet will be delayed by a maximum of one second. NETWORK SYNCHRONISATION
States can be synchronised between two or more firewalls using this interface, by specifying a synchronisation interface using ifconfig(8). For example, the following command sets fxp0 as the synchronisation interface: # ifconfig pfsync0 syncdev fxp0 By default, state change messages are sent out on the synchronisation interface using IP multicast packets to the 244.0.0.240 group address. An alternative destination address for pfsync packets can be specified using the syncpeer keyword. This can be used in combination with ipsec(4) to protect the synchronisation traffic. In such a configuration, the syncdev should be set to the enc(4) interface, as this is where the traffic arrives when it is decapsulated, e.g.: # ifconfig pfsync0 syncpeer 10.0.0.2 syncdev enc0 It is important that the pfsync traffic be well secured as there is no authentication on the protocol and it would be trivial to spoof pack- ets which create states, bypassing the pf ruleset. Either run the pfsync protocol on a trusted network - ideally a network dedicated to pfsync messages such as a crossover cable between two firewalls, or specify a peer address and protect the traffic with ipsec(4). pfsync has the following sysctl(8) tunables: net.pfsync.carp_demotion_factor Value added to net.inet.carp.demotion while pfsync tries to perform its bulk update. See carp(4) for more information. Default value is 240. EXAMPLES
pfsync and carp(4) can be used together to provide automatic failover of a pair of firewalls configured in parallel. One firewall will han- dle all traffic until it dies, is shut down, or is manually demoted, at which point the second firewall will take over automatically. Both firewalls in this example have three sis(4) interfaces. sis0 is the external interface, on the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet; sis1 is the internal interface, on the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet; and sis2 is the pfsync interface, using the 192.168.254.0/24 subnet. A crossover cable connects the two firewalls via their sis2 interfaces. On all three interfaces, firewall A uses the .254 address, while firewall B uses .253. The inter- faces are configured as follows (firewall A unless otherwise indicated): Interfaces configuration in /etc/rc.conf: network_interfaces="lo0 sis0 sis1 sis2" ifconfig_sis0="10.0.0.254/24" ifconfig_sis0_alias0="inet 10.0.0.1/24 vhid 1 pass foo" ifconfig_sis1="192.168.0.254/24" ifconfig_sis1_alias0="inet 192.168.0.1/24 vhid 2 pass bar" ifconfig_sis2="192.168.254.254/24" pfsync_enable="YES" pfsync_syncdev="sis2" pf(4) must also be configured to allow pfsync and carp(4) traffic through. The following should be added to the top of /etc/pf.conf: pass quick on { sis2 } proto pfsync keep state (no-sync) pass on { sis0 sis1 } proto carp keep state (no-sync) It is preferable that one firewall handle the forwarding of all the traffic, therefore the advskew on the backup firewall's carp(4) vhids should be set to something higher than the primary's. For example, if firewall B is the backup, its carp1 configuration would look like this: would look like this: ifconfig_sis1_alias0="inet 192.168.0.1/24 vhid 2 pass bar advskew 100" The following must also be added to /etc/sysctl.conf: net.inet.carp.preempt=1 SEE ALSO
tcpdump(1), bpf(4), carp(4), enc(4), inet(4), inet6(4), ipsec(4), netintro(4), pf(4), pf.conf(5), protocols(5), rc.conf(5), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The pfsync device first appeared in OpenBSD 3.3. It was first imported to FreeBSD 5.3. The pfsync protocol and kernel implementation were significantly modified in FreeBSD 9.0. The newer protocol is not compatible with older one and will not interoperate with it. BSD
December 20, 2011 BSD