Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers From iOS programming to Linux system programming Post 302797401 by hanson44 on Monday 22nd of April 2013 01:34:05 PM
Old 04-22-2013
Quote:
1) Is it useful for usual iOS web/GUI/game programmer
to know UNIX/FreeBSD programming?
No. But would not hurt.
Quote:
2) Is it useful for usual iOS web/GUI/game programmer
to know iOS kernel and iOS system programming?
No. But would not hurt.
Quote:
3) Is it difficult to transit from iOS programming to
Linux system programming?
Yes. Very different.
This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

System Programming

Hi all, I am working on a c program (in a unix environment) making system calls. My program makes references to POSIX, _POSIX_SOURCE 1. When trying to compile the c program, I received a message "Language optional software package not installed." I am not sure if this message refers to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
3 Replies

2. Programming

System programming in C

Hi there, Am very very interested in system level programming in C???? Please give me a good site or a sample program to start with.. will be of a great help to me.. Thanks, Nisha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

4. Programming

system Programming using JAVA.

Dear Sir, How to write Code using JAVA technology for system programming ? I want to develop a new compiler for my own language. thanks in advance roy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapan
1 Replies

5. Programming

System programming in C

Hi guys, i'm programming in C for Linux but i preferred to program in FreeBSD and some FreeBSD system calls are not available in Linux and i want to make my code portable but i don't now really how, but i think if i used some C preprocessors i can make it portable, and the problems is that i don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Operating System Programming

I am new in Kernel programming....i want to know how kernel is implemented.To this i have downloaded minix 3 kernel but i do not know where to start my study of kernel programming...please tell me from where to start understanding the code and how to run kernel in windows 7 or red hat. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sajan Gupta
3 Replies

8. Programming

What is Unix System Programming???

Hi friends, Hope u r doing well. I really find the phrase, "Unix System Programming" very very cool, I don't know the reason, but it since I love UNIX, I want to do system programming in unix. Could you please tell me what is really the meaning of unix system programming. I have a couple of books... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

9. Programming

c programming system call

newPerm = oldPerm & ~0100; where oldPerm holds the value of st_mode from the system call stat(). When I try and compile every line where ive attempted to do these operations gives the warning "parameter names without declaration types in function declaration". what could be the problem? the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
2 Replies

10. Programming

Video Tutorial of Linux System Programming with C

Video tutorial of Linux System Programming with C. YouTube - Linux System Programming with C by Indronil Banerjee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vectrum
1 Replies
PREG_SPLIT(3)								 1							     PREG_SPLIT(3)

preg_split - Split string by a regular expression

SYNOPSIS
array preg_split (string $pattern, string $subject, [int $limit = -1], [int $flags]) DESCRIPTION
Split the given string by a regular expression. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern to search for, as a string. o $subject - The input string. o $limit - If specified, then only substrings up to $limit are returned with the rest of the string being placed in the last substring. A $limit of -1, 0 or NULL means "no limit" and, as is standard across PHP, you can use NULL to skip to the $flags parameter. o $flags -$flags can be any combination of the following flags (combined with the | bitwise operator): o PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY - If this flag is set, only non-empty pieces will be returned by preg_split(3). o PREG_SPLIT_DELIM_CAPTURE - If this flag is set, parenthesized expression in the delimiter pattern will be captured and returned as well. o PREG_SPLIT_OFFSET_CAPTURE - If this flag is set, for every occurring match the appendant string offset will also be returned. Note that this changes the return value in an array where every element is an array consisting of the matched string at offset 0 and its string offset into $subject at offset 1. RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing substrings of $subject split along boundaries matched by $pattern. EXAMPLES
Example #1 preg_split(3) example : Get the parts of a search string <?php // split the phrase by any number of commas or space characters, // which include " ", , , and f $keywords = preg_split("/[s,]+/", "hypertext language, programming"); print_r($keywords); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => hypertext [1] => language [2] => programming ) Example #2 Splitting a string into component characters <?php $str = 'string'; $chars = preg_split('//', $str, -1, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY); print_r($chars); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => s [1] => t [2] => r [3] => i [4] => n [5] => g ) Example #3 Splitting a string into matches and their offsets <?php $str = 'hypertext language programming'; $chars = preg_split('/ /', $str, -1, PREG_SPLIT_OFFSET_CAPTURE); print_r($chars); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => hypertext [1] => 0 ) [1] => Array ( [0] => language [1] => 10 ) [2] => Array ( [0] => programming [1] => 19 ) ) NOTES
Tip If you don't need the power of regular expressions, you can choose faster (albeit simpler) alternatives like explode(3) or str_split(3). Tip If matching fails, an array with a single element containing the input string will be returned. SEE ALSO
PCRE Patterns, preg_quote(3), implode(3), preg_match(3), preg_match_all(3), preg_replace(3), preg_last_error(3). PHP Documentation Group PREG_SPLIT(3)