Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove whitespace after pipe symbol but not inside words Post 302796465 by RudiC on Friday 19th of April 2013 03:14:03 PM
Old 04-19-2013
Code:
$ sed 's/| */|/g' file
102|#2 X 1/4-INCH|30188|EA|FTW|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|#2 X 1/4-INCH
102|#2 X 1/4-INCH|30188|EA|VPS|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|#2 X 1/4-INCH
102|#6 X 1/2"|06484|EA|FTW|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|#6 X 1/2"
102|#6 X 1/2"|06484|EA|VPS|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|#6 X 1/2"
102|#702-750SS12|51506|EA|FTW|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|#702-750SS12
102|#702-750SS12|51506|EA|VPS|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|#702-750SS12
102|(TIPS) FXKD3151|1DJ82|EA|FTW|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|(TIPS) FXKD3151
102|(TIPS) FXKD3151|1DJ82|EA|VPS|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|NOT LOT TRACKING|TRUE|(TIPS) FXKD3151
102|00-000020|33ES4|EA|FTW|A|NOT SERIAL TRACKING|LOT TRACKING|TRUE|00-000020

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove whitespace and test

Hi, I know removing whitespaces I can found so many threads to read how it works and i did it, but my problem isn't solved... I have in my script a variable $1 which can contains a text like " Channel ". No I want to check if $1 contains the word Channel, but I don't know how many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove whitespace

I combined 2 files using the paste command. It gave me something like this: 123445 ,AABBNN 22344 ,BBVVMM I want to remove the whitespace between the end of string 1 and the comma (there is more blank space than my post is showing). Would I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove verticalbar or pipe symbol

hi guys i have 6000 rows column the text in the column has the symbol vertical bar |. i tried some of the commands to remove it but none of the commands are reconzng this symbol. would u plz help to remove this symbol from the text with any kind of unix command u r help would be appreciated ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogu0001
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while concating PIPE symbol with a file

Hi Gurus, I had a problem writing a pipe file. Previously i used this code to generate a tab seperated file ABCEF := ABCEF || 'to_char('|| abc_tab(col_num).col_name || ') chr(9) || '; Now i want the o/p as pipe seperated file.I changed the line as below ABCEF := ABCEF ||... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Words after / symbol

Hi, I have the following directory: /home/dragon/websphere/cells/profile/imp/001/ I want to put this in a shell script and get the values before and after cells by removing the '/' Any idea how to make this possible? Regards, Dinesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace trailing whitespaces with pipe symbol using perl

I want to replace the whitespace with Pipe symbol to do a multiple pattern matching for the whole text "mysqld failed start" and same as for other text messages Below are the messages stored in a file seperate by whitespace mysqld failed start nfsd mount failed rpcbind failed to start for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Broken pipe symbol replaced with <A6><A6>

hi, i am copying an xml file from windows to linux server using filezilla&winscp. xml file contains ¦¦ symbols, after copying xml file to server ¦¦ is replaced with <A6><A6>. tried with copying xml files from windows in ascii&binary but no luck. please suggest. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove pipe(|) symbol ina file, except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes

I have file with are delimited by pipe(|) symbol, I wanted those to be removed except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes. If your quote file is: |Life is |Beautiful"|"Indeed life |is beautiful too|"|"But unix is fun| is not"|" It should return: Life is Beautiful"|"Indeed life is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathyapts
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove pipe(|) symbol in except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes

I have file with are delimited by pipe(|) symbol, I wanted those to be removed except the ones which are enclosed in double quotes. If your quote file is: |Life is |Beautiful"|"Indeed life |is beautiful too|"|"But unix is fun| is not"|" It should return: Life is Beautiful"|"Indeed life is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sathyapts
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the first and last character which is pipe symbol in all files within a folder?

with in my files i have the data like this, starting with a pipe and ending the line with a pipe. all i want is to replace the first and last pipe , remove those trying to use following sed command, but it is only showing on the screen the entire data of the file as if it removed, but when i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
4 Replies
certmonger(1)						      General Commands Manual						     certmonger(1)

NAME
getcert SYNOPSIS
getcert start-tracking [options] DESCRIPTION
Tells certmonger to monitor an already-issued certificate. Optionally, when the certificate nears expiration, use an existing key pair (or to generate one if one is not already found in the specified location), to generate a signing request using the key pair and to submit them for signing to a CA. SPECIFYING EXISTING REQUESTS
-i NAME Modify the request which has this nickname. If this option is not specified, and a tracking entry which matches the key and cer- tificate storage options which are specified already exists, that entry will be modified. Otherwise, a new tracking entry will be added. KEY AND CERTIFICATE STORAGE OPTIONS
-d DIR Use an NSS database in the specified directory for reading this certificate and, if possible, the corresponding key. -n NAME Use the certificate with this nickname, and if a private key with the same nickname or which corresponds to the certificate is available, to use it, too. Only valid with -d. -t TOKEN If the NSS database has more than one token available, use the token with this name for accessing the certificate and key. This argument only rarely needs to be specified. Only valid with -d. -f FILE Read the certificate from this file. For safety's sake, do not use the same file specified with the -k option. -k FILE Use the key stored in this file to generate a signing request for refreshing the certificate. If no such file is found when needed, generate a new key pair and store them in the file. Only valid with -f. KEY ENCRYPTION OPTIONS
-p FILE The private key files or databases are encrypted using the PIN stored in the named file as the passphrase. -P PIN The private key files or databases are encrypted using the specified PIN as the passphrase. Because command-line arguments to run- ning processes are trivially discoverable, use of this option is not recommended except for testing. TRACKING OPTIONS
-I NAME Assign the specified nickname to this task. If this option is not specified, a name will be assigned automatically. -r Attempt to obtain a new certificate from the CA when the expiration date of a certificate nears. This is the default setting. -R Don't attempt to obtain a new certificate from the CA when the expiration date of a certificate nears. If this option is specified, an expired certificate will simply stay expired. ENROLLMENT OPTIONS
-c NAME Enroll with the specified CA rather than a possible default. The name of the CA should correspond to one listed by getcert list- cas. Only useful in combination with -r. SIGNING REQUEST OPTIONS
If and when certmonger attempts to obtain a new certificate to replace the one being monitored, the values to be added to the signing request will be taken from the current certificate, unless preferred values are set using one or more of -U, -K, -E, and -D. -U EKU Add an extensionRequest for the specified extendedKeyUsage to the signing request. The EKU value is expected to be an object iden- tifier (OID). -K NAME Add an extensionRequest for a subjectAltName, with the specified Kerberos principal name as its value, to the signing request. -E EMAIL Add an extensionRequest for a subjectAltName, with the specified email address as its value, to the signing request. -D DNSNAME Add an extensionRequest for a subjectAltName, with the specified DNS name as its value, to the signing request. OTHER OPTIONS
-B command When ever the certificate is saved to the specified location, run the specified command as the client user before saving the cer- tificate. -C command When ever the certificate is saved to the specified location, run the specified command as the client user after saving the certifi- cate. -v Be verbose about errors. Normally, the details of an error received from the daemon will be suppressed if the client can make a diagnostic suggestion. BUGS
Please file tickets for any that you find at https://fedorahosted.org/certmonger/ SEE ALSO
certmonger(8) getcert(1) getcert-list(1) getcert-list-cas(1) getcert-request(1) getcert-resubmit(1) getcert-stop-tracking(1) certmonger- certmaster-submit(8) certmonger-ipa-submit(8) certmonger Manual 14 June 2012 certmonger(1)