Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logging into device with other set of credentials Post 302796285 by scriptscript on Friday 19th of April 2013 07:22:31 AM
Old 04-19-2013
Logging into device with other set of credentials

If I run the below code... it will login into the router and then changes to privilege mode and then stores the running configuration information to an array.
In this program, I have included the username and password .
In case the username and password is wrong.. it will re login for 2 times and then terminate the program.

Now instead of that.. I want to verify the username and password..

=> if the credentials are correct... then it should continue..
=> if the credentials are wrong(should not check for 2nd time... then it should check with other set of credentials(mentioned in the program..

I am confused to convert the below program as per my above requirement.

Code:
 use strict;
 use warnings;

use Net::Appliance::Session;

my $ios_device_ip = '10.250.249.215';

my $ios_username        = 'cisco';
 my $ios_password        = 'cisco';
 my $ios_enable_password = 'cisco';

#my $user2 = 'newcisco';
#my $pass2 = 'newpass';
#my $enablepassnew = 'cisco'; 

my $running_config_file = "$ENV{HOME}/running_config.txt";

my $session_obj = Net::Appliance::Session->new(
Host => $ios_device_ip,Transport => 'SSH',  );

# give verbose output whilst we run this script
 $session_obj->input_log(*STDOUT);

# try to login to the ios device, ignoring host check
 $session_obj->connect(
     Name => $ios_username,
     Password => $ios_password,
     SHKC => 0
 );

# drop in to enable mode
 $session_obj->begin_privileged($ios_enable_password);

# get our running config
 my @running_config =  $session_obj->cmd('show running');

# chop out the extra info top and bottom of the config
 @running_config = @running_config[ 2 .. (@running_config -1)];

open(FH, "> $running_config_file")
   or die("Cannot open config file : $!");
 print FH @running_config;
 close FH;

# close down our session
 $session_obj->close;

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Telnet Credentials

Dears i am going to write a shell script to do some administration jobs and automate them , but i need to access remote servers through telnet so my question is how to pass the required credentials to telnet through shell script or can i use a file and redirect the standard input to be from that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

set device mode permanently with udev rule

On a test server running CentOS 6, I try to permanently set the owner, group and mode of disk devices for use with a DB2 database. For this I created an udev rule file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-db2.rules: KERNEL=="sdb*", OWNER="db2usrl1", GROUP="db2adml1", MODE="0600" After a reboot, the owner and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to login with other set of credentials while remote logging?

Below is the code. I need to login into the router if the 1st set of credentials are correct.. if wrong... then it has to check with 2nd set of credentials.. => if the credentials are correct... then it should continue.. => if the credentials are wrong(should not check for 2nd time... then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to pass credentials in one Go

Hi, We usually switch user using the below command. sudo su - user1 It then prompts for the password which we feed in. I wish to pass both the username and the password in one go thus eliminating the prompt for the password. I am using java standalone to connect to unix using... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies

6. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set colorscheme for a shell while/after logging in?

I am trying to put the below in a file .vimrc and sourced the file, however when i vi any file it is not showing/reflecting color scheme i wanted, Is there any way i can make this work? we use common application account to log in and by default it is CSH and later we change the shell to KSH. I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
3 Replies
CIFSCREDS(1)															      CIFSCREDS(1)

NAME
cifscreds - manage NTLM credentials in kernel keyring SYNOPSIS
cifscreds add|clear|clearall|update [-u username] [-d] host|domain DESCRIPTION
The cifscreds program is a tool for managing credentials (username and password) for the purpose of establishing sessions in multiuser mounts. When a cifs filesystem is mounted with the "multiuser" option, and does not use krb5 authentication, it needs to be able to get the credentials for each user from somewhere. The cifscreds program is the tool used to provide these credentials to the kernel. The first non-option argument to cifscreds is a command (see the COMMANDS section below). The second non-option argument is a hostname or address, or an NT domain name. COMMANDS
add Add credentials to the kernel to be used for connecting to the given server, or servers in the given domain. clear Clear credentials for a particular host or domain from the kernel. clearall Clear all cifs credentials from the kernel. update Update stored credentials in the kernel with a new username and password. OPTIONS
-d, --domain The provided host/domain argument is a NT domainname. Ordinarily the second argument provided to cifscreds is treated as a hostname or IP address. This option causes the cifscreds program to treat that argument as an NT domainname instead. If there are not host specific credentials for the mounted server, then the kernel will next look for a set of domain credentials equivalent to the domain= option provided at mount time. -u, --username Ordinarily, the username is derived from the unix username of the user adding the credentials. This option allows the user to substitute a different username. NOTES
The cifscreds utility requires a kernel built with support for the login key type. That key type was added in v3.3 in mainline Linux kernels. Since cifscreds adds keys to the session keyring, it is highly recommended that one use pam_keyinit to ensure that a session keyring is established at login time. SEE ALSO
pam_keyinit(8) AUTHORS
The cifscreds program was originally developed by Igor Druzhinin <jaxbrigs@gmail.com>. This manpage and a redesign of the code was done by Jeff Layton <jlayton@samba.org>. 2012-07-17 CIFSCREDS(1)