Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please help to fix awk script Post 302794931 by hanson44 on Wednesday 17th of April 2013 03:20:22 AM
Old 04-17-2013
In the sample input, I don't see any of the patterns the script is looking for, like /OH/, /HC/ etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk / shell - Fix broken lines and data

Gurus, I am struggling with a issue and thought I could use some of your expertise. Need Help with this I have a flat file that has millions of records 24|john|account ~ info |56| 25|kuo|account ~ journal |58| 27|kim|account ~ journal |59| 28|San|account ~ journal |60|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fix a problem in this script

z=9 i=0 h=02 min=55 while do cat /home/barmecha/test | grep $h:$min >> /home/barmecha/file1 min=`expr $min + 1` if ; then h=`expr $h + 1` fi i=`expr $i + 1` done i have a log file with time wise log in it, this script help me to pull out logs of the give time interval...but the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK record length fix

Hi Friends, Need some help in AWK. Working on AIX 5 Have been trying the following functionality to make the record length fixed: if( length(record) < 300 ) { printf("%-300s\n", record); } In my opinion it will apply some fillers in the end. Its is not making any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fix this awk script?

i have a log file while looks like this ++ user_a blabla blabla nas_b blabla user_d this is a user_a junk line another junk line user_c nas_m blabla ++ basically most of the lines contain a "user" keywords, and the rest of the lines do not have "user" at all. So I have the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to fix the column length in a file using Awk Prog

Hi I use the following code to read the file and to fix the length of the column of the record in the file 'Sample.txt' ls Samp* | awk ' { a=$1 } END{ FS="n" for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) { while( getline < a ) { f1=$0; print("Line::",f1); f2=substr(f1,1,10) print("Field1::",f2);... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this awk

I have a script which will mask the 9th and 15th column in a record starting with BPR. The record looks like below before my script BPR*C*160860.04*C*ACH*CTX*01*072000326*DA*1548843*3006968523**01*071000013*DA*5529085*100323*VEN The record will be masked after my script parses this... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fix timestamp with Sed or Awk

Hi I am dealing with the following string: Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 01:01:10 +0000 I asked for help in another topic that converted a similar string: Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 9:50 AM To a 24 hr standard. The problem is that it comes out as: Date: Thur, 13 March 2011 9:50:00 +0000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duonut
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script failed and can't fix it ?

Hi , I'd like to give you a little bit idea about my script which is used to get any generated file from remote server using ftp session then organized those file into directories based on their date ( at the end I supposed to have 1 months directories 20130401 20130402 ....20130430 ,... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
27 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if condition match and fix print decimal place

Hi All, I have problem in the middle of implementing to users, whereby the complaint is all about the decimal place which is too long. I need two decimal places only, but the outcome from command is always fixed to 6. See the sample : before: Sort Total Site Sort SortName Parts ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: horsepower
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk file subtracted by a fix value - conditioned

Hi all... i have been trying to make this work but I have been failing for 6 hours .. I know it should be something simple that I am missing to it would be great if you can help me ... I want to subtract a fixed value (lets set 1) from any value >=1 from the whole file my file looks like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
4 Replies
PMDASAMPLE(1)						      General Commands Manual						     PMDASAMPLE(1)

NAME
pmdasample - sample performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/pmdasample [-d domain] [-i port] [-l logfile] [-p] [-u socket] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdasample is a sample Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports a variety of synthetic performance metrics. This PMDA was developed as part of the quality assurance testing for the PCP product, but has other uses, most notably in the development of new PCP clients. The metrics exported by the sample PMDA cover the full range of data types, data semantics, value cardinality, instance domain stability and error conditions found in real PMDAs. A brief description of the pmdasample command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -i Expect PMCD to connect to pmdasample on the specified TCP/IP port. port may be a port number or port name. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named sample.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdasample is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -p Expect PMCD to create a pipe and the connection to pmdasample is via standard input and standard output. This is the default connec- tion mode. -u Expect PMCD to connect to pmdasample on the Unix domain socket named socket. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. At most one of the options -i, -p and -u may be specified. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the sample performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sample # ./Install Note that the installation script also installs the DSO version of the sample PMDA, so there are in fact two PMDAs installed, and two sets of performance metrics, namely sample.* and sampledso.*. If you want to undo the installation (and remove both PMDAs), do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sample # ./Remove pmdasample is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdasample $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sample/help default help text file for the sample metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sample/Install installation script for the pmdasample agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sample/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasample agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/sample.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdasample PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), pmcd(1), pmdasimple(1), pmdatrivial(1), pmdatxmon(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDASAMPLE(1)