Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use special character in procedure call? Post 302794381 by spacebar on Monday 15th of April 2013 09:13:14 PM
Old 04-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy162
Hi,
I have following script which calls sql to create staging table like t1_rpt_1day_stg,t1_rpt_7day_stgThanks
Sandy
Not sure what you mean without seeing actual example because the '*' just tells oracle to return all columns, but try it like this:
Code:
param=

load_data_to_oracle ()
{
crt_stage_tbl_results=`${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s ${ORACLE_USER}/${ORACLE_PASSWD}@${ORACLE_SID} <<EOF
set linesize 500 heading off feedback off
whenever sqlerror exit 1
create table t1_rpt_$param_stg as select * from t1_rpt_tmt;
exit 0
EOF`
if [[ $? = 1 ]] then
  ts=`date "+%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S"`
  echo "`echo "$crt_stage_tbl_results" | sed 's/^[ \t\n]*/'$ts' /'`" >> ${TMP_LOG_FILE}
  echo `date "+%Y-%m-%d-%H.%M.%S"` "**The above error occurred creating staging table(t1_rpt_$param_stg)." >> ${TMP_LOG_FILE}
  return 1
fi
return 0
}

This User Gave Thanks to spacebar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to call SQL procedure from UNIX Shellscript ?

Hi All I would be thankful to you all if you will guide me the steps to call a stored proc. from unix shell script. that stored proc. could be parameterised or parameterless developed in SQL. Any info. in this topic would help me..... Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to call 3 stored procedure at the same time

Hi GUYS, I need to trigger 3 stored procedure at the same time.. I know how to trigger the stored procedure. If anybody can tell me how to trigger 3 different process at the same time parallelly.. that would be helpful.. Thanks for your help in advance, Magesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help remote procedure call

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auto2000
1 Replies

4. Programming

i am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array b. Add the array c. Find max d. Find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1 Replies

6. Programming

am beginig with unix c code for sun remote procedure call You are to write a program using RPC facility to do the following: 1- The clients reads in a variable length array from the command line 2- The client offers a menu for the user to choose what to do with the array: a. Sort the array... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to call sqlloader from stored procedure!!! Advise

Hi , I have a dellimited .dat file and a sqlloader. I want to call the sqlloader from a oracle stored procedure. The procedure should return the result of sqlloader's execution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for call a procedure in Oracle DB

Hi everyone! I'm new with Shell Scripting, and I have to do a shell script to call a procedure, which have 2 input parameters, the directory(from server) and the txt file (which have informations to update/insert in DB). I have to create a shell script to execute that procedure for each txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: renatoal
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call procedure multiple time

Hi, I have following script which calls sql to create staging table.How do I call load_data_to_oracle() multiple times so that it creates 4 staging as follows. 1.t1_rpt_1day_stg 2.t1_rpt_7day_stg 3.t1_rpt_30day_stg 4.t1_rpt_CTD_stg --shell script load_data_to_oracle() { #... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a stored procedure inside a loop?

How to call a stored procedure inside a loop export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH ORACLE_SID=xxxx; export ORACLE_SID ORAENV_ASK=NO TODAY_DATE=$(date +"%Y%m%d") LOGFILE=/var/opt/gogd/cust/scripts/${TODAY_DATE}_sap_cust_rel.log echo 'Connected' PARCUST=sap_cust_rel.par sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashwanth
1 Replies
Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)

NAME
Desktop::Notify::Notification - a notification object for the desktop notifications framework VERSION
Version 0.03 SYNOPSIS
# $notify is an existing Desktop::Notify object my $note = $notify->create(summary => 'Rebuilding FooBar', body => 'Progress: 10%'); $note->show; ... # Update the notification later $note->body('Progress: 20%'); $note->show; ... # Take it off the screen $note->close; DESCRIPTION
Desktop notification objects are represented as objects of this class. They are created by a Desktop::Notify object. Displaying, closing, and modifying the notification is done by using methods in this class. METHODS
new $notify, %params This is called internally by Desktop::Notify to create a new notification object. show Display the notification on the screen. If this notification had previously been shown and not closed yet, it will replace the existing notification. Show can be called multiple times on the same notification, probably with attribute changes between calls, and later show calls will cause the server to seamlessly replace the existing notification. close Close the notification if it is already being displayed. ATTRIBUTES
The following parameters can be set when creating the object or later modified using accessors (descriptions are from the specification at <http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/0.9/x408.html>) summary The summary text briefly describing the notification. body The optional detailed body text. Can be empty. timeout The timeout time in milliseconds since the display of the notification at which the notification should automatically close. If -1, the notification's expiration time is dependent on the notification server's settings, and may vary for the type of notification. If 0, never expire. The following extra parameters are included in the specification but not supported by Desktop::Notify at this time app_icon The optional program icon of the calling application. actions Actions are sent over as a list of pairs. Each even element in the list (starting at index 0) represents the identifier for the action. Each odd element in the list is the localized string that will be displayed to the user. hints Optional hints that can be passed to the server from the client program. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-25 Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)