Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Building a complex xml using awk Post 302794373 by Nevergivup on Monday 15th of April 2013 08:14:02 PM
Old 04-15-2013
Building a complex xml using awk

Hi I have a complex xml to be build using awk using a lookup file values. Below is the xml

Code:
<country name="xyz">

<state name="abc">

<city name="qwe" capital="yes"/>
<city name="asd" capital="no"/>
</state>

<state name="qrq">
<city name="rthy" capital="yes"/>
<state>
</country>

<country name="sfsdf">
</country>

The lookup file is of type:

Code:
Country xyz sfsdf

state abc qrq
Sample_xyz_abc_city qwe
Sample_xyz_abc_qwe_capital yes
Sample_xyz_abc_city asd
Sample_xyz_abc_asd_capital no

Sample_xyz_state qrq .....

Can someone please help me

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Sed/Awk Question?

Hello, So i have this file called /apps/turnout which looks like that of the contents of the /etc/shadow (but not exactly) the file has a long list in it. basically, the contents of this file looks something similar to the following: jajajajalala:D#$#AFVAdfda lalabavisof:#%R@fafla#$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex use with awk

Hi , I have file named docs.txt The content of the file look like this: DOC disk location Size ======= ===== ============= ========= TXT A /dev/dm-1 10 TXT B /dev/dm-2 10 BIN C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Building an XML using SAX Parser in perl

I want to use sax parser for my application as i have 5 Lakhs of data. I have the xml file like this <Nodes> <Node> <NodeName>Company</NodeName> <File>employee_details.csv</File> <data>employee_data.txt</data> <Node> <NodeName>dummy</NodeName> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex Awk Question

Hi, I have a file look likes this : --->start hir Trace file: pudwh_ora_9998.trc Sort options: fchela exeela ***************************************************************count = number of times OCI procedure was executed cpu = cpu time in seconds executing elapsed = elapsed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script (complex)

picked this up from another thread. echo 1st_file.csv; nawk -F, 'NR==FNR{a++;next} a{b++} END{for(i in b){if(b-1&&a!=b){print i";\t\t"b}else{print "NEW:"i";\t\t"b} } }' OFS=, 1st_file.csv *.csv | sort -r i need to use the above but with a slight modification.. 1.compare against 3 month... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Complex Awk.

Hi, I have a file. In this file when ever the word "ABC" occurs at position from 25 and 34 I would like to replace the value at postion 100 to 5 for the first 1000 rows only. I have written the following Awk command. nawk 'substr($0,25,9)=="ABC" {print $0}' filename The above command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex awk problem

hello, i have a complex awk problem... i have two tables, one with a value (0 to 1) and it's corresponding p-value, like this: 1. table: ______________________________ value p-value ... ... 0.254 0.003 0.245 0.005 0.233 0.006 ... ... ______________________________ and a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dietmar13
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk in complex number data

Hi, I'm trying to transform my data from the following format: eps:, 0.248281687841641, -2.83539034165844e-7, 2.78042576353472+6.3505226053266e-6i to this: eps:, 0.248281687841641, -2.83539034165844e-7, 2.78042576353472, +6.3505226053266e-6 so I can plot it with GnuPlot. how do I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogeriogouvea
4 Replies
STAG-PARSE(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    STAG-PARSE(1p)

NAME
stag-parse - parses a file and fires events (e.g. sxpr to xml) SYNOPSIS
# convert XML to IText stag-parse -p xml -w itext file1.xml file2.xml # use a custom parser/generator and a custom writer/generator stag-parse -p MyMod::MyParser -w MyMod::MyWriter file.txt DESCRIPTION
script wrapper for the Data::Stag modules feeds in files into a parser object that generates nestarray events, and feeds the events into a handler/writer class ARGUMENTS
-p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module this is the class that parsers the input file(s) and generates stag events xml assumed as default -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module this is the class that catches the events thrown by the parser; it can be any class, but the class is typically a writer xml assumed as default -o|out FILE the writer will use this file (defaults to STDOUT) -e|errf FILE file to store parse error handler output -errhandler FORMAT/MODULE FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module all parse error events go to this module -r|root NODE_NAME if this is specified, NODE_NAME becomes the root of the stag tree, and anything that was previously the root is placed below this. this happens automatically if more than one file is parsed (because there can only be one tree root) -color Works only if the output handler is able to provide ASCII-colors (currently supported for itext and xml) SEE ALSO
Data::Stag This script is a wrapper for the method Data::Stag->parse() perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-PARSE(1p)