Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing multiple C program output into a shell Post 302794205 by PikK45 on Monday 15th of April 2013 12:16:12 PM
Old 04-15-2013
@Yoda: Why can't we do this way? Smilie

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

./test | while IFS=':' read var1 var2
do
        (( ++c ))
done
printf "var1: %s\nvar2: %s\n" "$var1" "$var2"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing shell variables to awk program..

Hello, Can we pass shell variables like $PATH etc. to a awk program part for example, awk ' { fieldValue=$PATH .... }' file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

2. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell program to accept multiple request at the same time

Hi, I got a script which sends the Email to the user based on certain variables received from Tivoli Server Monitoring 6.1. Now to keep track of the mails I have wrote a stored procedure in DB2 as we use DB2 UDB as back end which take the variables that were used to send the mail and store it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcskurra
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do collect shell output in a C program

i use the system command to execute a shell command... ca i collect the out put in the form of a string or something using the same C program? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing command output as an argument to a shell script

Hi, I have a very small requirement where i need to pass command output as an argument while invoking the shell script.. I need to call like this sh testscript.sh ' ls -t Appl*and*abc* | head -n 1' This will list one file name as ana argument.. I will be using "$1" in the shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me! Format output file using shell program

Hi, I have following input file. I want to generate output file in specific format using shell program. The input file has atleast few thousands of lines, the below are some sample lines. Input file: "ORDER NO"|"ORDER AMT"|"LINE ITEM"|"LINE AMT"|"SALES COMMISION %" ORD3456|5000|LIN345|30|25%... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsubha
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in passing multiple arguments from a shell script to a pl/sql block

Hi, hope everyone are fine. Please find my issue below, and I request your help in the same In a configuration file, i have a variable defined as below TEST = 'One','Two','Three' I am trying to pass this variable in to a sql script which is define in a pl/sql block as follows, In the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

running C program to output in multiple locations

Hi Guys, What I am looking at doing is to run a C program in my home directory, but output files in multiple directories BUT not at the same instance. For e.g. 1st instance: Run program.c and output results in path /aaa/bbb/ccc/ 2nd instance: Run program.c again and output results... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jatsui
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple arguments to a shell script

Hi Gurus, Need some help with the shell scripting here. #!/bin/ksh ps -ef | grep -i sample.ksh | grep -v grep > abc.txt if then echo "sample.ksh is executing" else echo "sample.ksh is not executing" fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sqlplus output to shell variable

Hi , I am using below code : for i in `ps -ef|grep pmon|awk {' print $8 '}|cut -f3 -d'_'|grep -v '^grep'` do ORACLE_SID=$i export ORACLE_SID; dest=`sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF set heading off feedback on verify off select DESTINATION from v\\$archive_dest where target in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies
Compare(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Compare(3pm)

NAME
Struct::Compare - Recursive diff for perl structures. SYNOPSIS
use Struct::Compare; my $is_different = compare($ref1, $ref2); DESCRIPTION
Compares two values of any type and structure and returns true if they are the same. It does a deep comparison of the structures, so a hash of a hash of a whatever will be compared correctly. This is especially useful for writing unit tests for your modules! PUBLIC FUNCTIONS
o $bool = compare($var1, $var2) Recursively compares $var1 to $var2, returning false if either structure is different than the other at any point. If both are undefined, it returns true as well, because that is considered equal. BUGS
/NEEDED ENHANCEMENTS o blessed references compare currently does not deal with blessed references. I need to look into how to deal with this. LICENSE
(The MIT License) Copyright (c) 2001 Ryan Davis, Zen Spider Software Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. AUTHOR
Ryan Davis <ryand-cmp@zenspider.com> Zen Spider Software <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/> perl v5.12.4 2011-07-04 Compare(3pm)