Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris memory reported incorrectly by top Post 302793909 by ocramas on Sunday 14th of April 2013 12:42:22 PM
Old 04-14-2013
hmm ... how do I check that? do you know.

Because the problem is, that I need to start another application that will take 2 gigs at once, and it is failing because it is showing memory lower than that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix top command (memory usage)

in unix when i use top i get an output like this: load averages: 0.64, 0.57, 0.53 14:04:42 347 processes: 1 running, 1 waiting, 169 sleeping, 172 idle, 4 stopped CPU states: 16.4% user, 2.8% nice, 7.6%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Top and Prstat display different results for memory

I have a question about the accuracy of prstat. I did a 'prstat -t' and it shows 99% of my memory is occupied by oracle. NPROC USERNAME SIZE RSS MEMORY TIME CPU 194 oracle 343G 340G 99% 86:17.24 56% However, 'top' shows I still have 7762meg of memory free. Memory: 16G real, 7762M... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen03
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get system memory usage like top

Hello all im working on sunos machine that dont have the top installed and can't be install , now i need to get information similar to what top gives me about the cpu usage and so can it be done somehow else where ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i extract only the Memory line from top command ?

Hello all i need in csh to extract only the Memory line from the out put of the top command how can it easily done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

7. Solaris

HELP - memory usage on Solaris : ps -efl and top

Hi all, OS Version: SunOS <hostname> 5.10 Generic_142900-13 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6340 I need some expert guidance on investigating memory usage on Solaris. I want to know whether am interpreting the output from ps -efl correctly and whether the command top is showing the right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Linux

Unkown memory usage, top doesn't know

Hi, Yersterday I started monitoring my homeserver memory consumition due some errors found in the system (network hangs). I've detected almost all the memory used (~10 MB free from 1GB). First I thought it was because of the MySQL configuration, so I monitored it with top and found it wasn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nefeli
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Memory Reprentation Mismatch In TOP

Hi All I have server of Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.1 with the below configuration OS: RHEL 6.1 Kernel:2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64 SOCKET:1 CPU:6 Memory 12 GB I am running a tool & after that when i run top command i see the below output. Tasks: 241 total, 2 running, 239... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill top 5 memory uses process

Hi All, how to kill 5 top memory used process in my hp-ux. Thanks, Kki (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kki
9 Replies
XINE-CHECK(1)						      General Commands Manual						     XINE-CHECK(1)

NAME
xine-check - a checker for the xine video player SYNOPSIS
xine-check [-q] [-v] [-B] [-b] xine-bugreport [-q] [-v] [-B] DESCRIPTION
This manual page explains the xine-checker program. xine-check is a program, which tests the xine video player installation for common problems. If you experience any problem with or while running xine, running xine-check might provide useful hints for problem tracking. xine-check tests the operating system settings, installation of plugins, CD/DVD drive settings and video support parameters. If run as xine-bugreport, it will produce a terse system description and guide you through the process of reporting a bug. This is the pre- ferred way to report xine bugs, as it's easier for you and provides the developers with a more complete bugreport. OPTIONS
The program follows usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. For a complete description, see README and FAQ in /usr/share/doc/xine-ui or on the xine home page. -h, --help Show summary of options and version number. The remaining options, labelled XINE-CHECK options: when listed with "xine-check --help", are explained here. -q, --quiet Only give a single one-line messages, even if problems are found. Normally xine-check provides hints for every problem found to help solve the problem. -v, --verbose Enable extended output describing each check in detail, which produces a kind of frequently asked questions (FAQ) list. -B, --batch Turn off pause after long messages. Normally xine-check waits for confirmation after a problem was found or a long message was printed. -b, --bug Produce a bug report. This is the same as calling xine-bugreport directly. BUGS
none, of course ;-) Well, there are surely a few of those. You can probably best ask for support (and report bugs) on our mailing list at <xine-user@lists.sf.net>. SEE ALSO
xine(1), aaxine(1), xine-lib(3), http://xinehq.de <http://xinehq.de/> AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philipp Hahn <pmhahn@users.sf.net> for the xine project. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Copyright (C) 2002 Siggi Langauf The xine project Januar 16, 2002 XINE-CHECK(1)