Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to set the break point using dbx? Post 302793349 by Sachin1987 on Friday 12th of April 2013 06:10:12 AM
Old 04-12-2013
How to set the break point using dbx?

Hi,

I am trying to debug my project using dbx to understand the code and functionality of modules.

I compiled all my C files using gcc -g flag to enable the debug option.
I was able to get in to the debug mode using dbx.
I was able to create breakpoints using stop at line no.
"stop at 1117" " stop at main.c:1147" like this..

I was able to see my break points in status output.

What my problem is after running the command using dbx, it is not stopping the execution at break point, it is completing the command execution.

I did read and followed the dbx usage and debug documentation.

Can some one please explain me, how exactly we can debug the binary using breakpoints.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set up apache to point at my homepage

I have just install apache 1.3.22 on my solaris 2.6 with virtualhost which is working fine but I want to configure my httpd.conf file so that when I type in my url on an internet browsers it goes straight to my home page. eg www.mydomain.com should display my home page at the monent when I type... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fibre connection Point to Point SUN

Anyone know of a guide or instructions for Solaris I got to configure a SBUS HBA to talk to a tape robot. I have done this on a switch but not point to point. just going HBA >>>>> TAPE Fibre simple two nodes Kie (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kie
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set start point in script

Does anyone know of a way to set up some sort of marker in a shell script, from which the script can be restarted.. e.g. MARKER1 check env variable MAX_RETRY if var not set then while true do check var if set go to MARKER1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

4. Programming

Dbx Debugger

I have tried lots of stuff but i can't get it working, i have also found a Thread in this Forum about it but it didn't describe how the program has to be run ect. My issue is that i want to run a program with multiple arguments eg. ./myprog arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 with dbx, but i cant get... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcatros
8 Replies

5. Programming

dbx - attach to process, break when crash

Hey everyone, I have a process that is crashing, and I'd like to have some way to see where it crashes. Is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies

6. Programming

dbx - break on access violations

Hey everyone, Is there a way to make dbx break on access violations? (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I set DBX to break on an Access Violation?

I'm trying to debug a service crash, and would like to break on an access violation - is this possible? (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform a hexdump using dd from start point to end point?

hi, I would like to ask or is it possible to dump a hex using dd from starting point to end point just like the "xxd -s 512 -l 512 <bin file>" I know the redirect hexdump -C but i can't figure it out the combination options of dd. Hope someone can share their knowledge.. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
CIPUX_CAT_WEB_MODULE(1p)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  CIPUX_CAT_WEB_MODULE(1p)

NAME
Program to register, deregister and list a CAT modules. SYNOPSIS(1) cipux_cat_web_module [OPTIONS] --register --object <NAME>| --all(2) cipux_cat_web_module [OPTIONS] --deregister --object <NAME>| --all(3) cipux_cat_web_module [OPTIONS] --list-registered(4) cipux_cat_web_module [OPTIONS] --list-deregistered OPTIONS
Options for all commands: -D | --debug : print debug messages for developers -h | --help : print help (this message + options) -l | --login ID : uses ID as UID to authenticate -V | --version : print only version --verbose : print more messages -w | --password CRED : uses CRED as credential to authenticate Additional options for registering and deregistering: -a | --all : (de)register all pending objects Additional options for registering: -e | --enable : enable module(s) -m | --add-member : add object (user or group) to ACL USAGE SPECIFIC
OPTIONS(1) register --add-member <NAME> : do add object to the ACL, so that this object can access the modules. An object could be a group or a user. -e | --enable : do enable the module during registration; module is disabled by default -a | --all : register all modules or -o | --object <NAME> : or register only one module(2) deregister -a | --all : deregister all modules or -o | --object <NAME> : or deregister only one module The URL of the CipUX XML-RPC server is taken from cipux-cat-web.ini file. The default location for CipUX-CAT-Web. If you would like to use a different URL change catweb_rpc_server in the base section. DESCRIPTION OF OPTIONS
-a Same as option --all -add-member NAME Adds NAME to the ACL of that module(s). -all Register all CAT modules. -D Same as option --debug. --debug To see more output, what the internals is doing, you can enable the --debug option and see more message printed to STDOUT. -e Same as option --enable. --enable Enable the object during registration. -h Same as option --help --help Prints brief help message. -l UID Same as option --login UID. --login UID Use UID as identity to authenticate against RPC server. -o Same as option --object --object This option is used to specify the object on which the command is operating. Make sure you choose the right object. Of course this will also fail when the object is not fetchable with (in the objects list of) --task. --password SECRET Use SECRET as credential to authenticate against RPC server. -V Same as option --version. --version Prints the version and exits. --verbose Not implemented yet. -v Same as option --verbose. -w SECRET Same as option --password SECRET. perl v5.14.2 2012-12-07 CIPUX_CAT_WEB_MODULE(1p)