Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Search and replace a line in perl Post 302793277 by arindam guha on Friday 12th of April 2013 01:47:03 AM
Old 04-12-2013
Thank u.
now i can replace by using \ for each special character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in Perl

Hello, I have a Perl script that reads in an Excel spread sheet and formats the values into a text file. I am having trouble with one column that can have numbers or letters. Excel left justifies the values that start with a letter and right justifies the values that contain only a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Global Search and replace

I have a file where the rows correspond to individuals and the columns are about 106 variables. Each variable is coded as either ACGT, and "missing" is coded as blank. This is a tab delimited file. I'm trying to replace all blanks (" ") with 0. The simple script I have is only replacing some of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: epi8
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Search and replace entire line

I have a perl function in my script that needs to replace an entire line in a file sub changestate { my $base = (); my @base = (); open(BASE, $file) || die("Could not open file!"); @base=<BASE>; close (BASE); foreach $base(@base) { if($base =~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: insania
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search Parameter in first line and replace next line content

Hi, I need help. I have XML file as below &lt;a n=&quot;infoLevel&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;true&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;localAddr&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;server.host.com&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; &lt;a n=&quot;ListenPort&quot;&gt; &lt;v s=&quot;21111&quot;/&gt; &lt;/a&gt; I need to find variable "ListenPort" in line and then replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdtrivedi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace in Perl

I am trying to write a simple perl script to run on a FreeBSD machine. There are alot of posts here, and I have read so many, yet can not get this script to run. #!/usr/bin/perl -e 's/\r\n/~/' infile.txt outfile.txt I am trying to take a windows text file, move it into Unix, run a script on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mach1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - search and replace a particular field

Hi, I have a file having around 30 records. Each record has 5 fields delimited by PIPE. Few records in the file having Junk characters in the field2 and field4. I found the junk charcter and I tested it and replace the junk with space with the command below perl -i -p -e "s/\x00/ /g"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace (perl)

How can I achieve this? Perl would be awesome. Input string a_b c //Note there is a blank here Needed Output a_b_c Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line search, replace second line, using awk or sed

All, I appreciate any help you can offer here as this is well beyond my grasp of awk/sed... I have an input file similar to: &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021855/--F" &LOG &LOG &LOG Part: "@DB/TC10000021852/--F" &LOG Cloning_Action: RETAIN &LOG Part: "@DB/TCCP000010713/--A" &LOG &LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarmaPoliceT2
5 Replies
REPLACE(1)						       MySQL Database System							REPLACE(1)

NAME
replace - a string-replacement utility SYNOPSIS
replace arguments DESCRIPTION
The replace utility program changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Invoke replace in one of the following ways: shell> replace from to [from to] ... -- file_name [file_name] ... shell> replace from to [from to] ... < file_name from represents a string to look for and to represents its replacement. There can be one or more pairs of strings. Use the -- option to indicate where the string-replacement list ends and the file names begin. In this case, any file named on the command line is modified in place, so you may want to make a copy of the original before converting it. replace prints a message indicating which of the input files it actually modifies. If the -- option is not given, replace reads the standard input and writes to the standard output. replace uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. It can be used to swap strings. For example, the following command swaps a and b in the given files, file1 and file2: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... The replace program is used by msql2mysql. See msql2mysql(1). replace supports the following options. o -?, -I Display a help message and exit. o -#debug_options Enable debugging. o -s Silent mode. Print less information what the program does. o -v Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. o -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 REPLACE(1)