Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to overwrite shell script using vi editor Post 302793031 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 11th of April 2013 02:31:24 PM
Old 04-11-2013
as already said, use the right mouse button (paste) and not esc+p.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a script to clone a dir tree, & overwrite the dir struct elsewhere?

hi all, i'm looking for a bash or tcsh script that will clone an empty dir tree 'over' another tree ... specifically, i'd like to: (1) specify a src directory (2) list the directory tree/hiearchy beneath that src dir, w/o files -- just the dirs (3) clone that same, empty dir hierarchy to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OpenMacNews
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell scripts without editor

hello, is there a way that i can produce a shell script without using editors.. i want it to be executable by sh.... my problem is that i dont know how to create the script eg. psycho to put the echo inside to output my message... but i dont want to use editor (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychobeauty
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

shell overwrite lines in a file

Hello, I have an external file (file.txt). This shall be a kind of a config file for my shell script. I get the line numbers as to a corresponding entry by grep. Now I would like to substitute the corresponding line from the shell script back to the file and exactly on the same line number. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACTGADE
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite a running shell script

Hello all, This might be a dumb question...but i am running into this situation. I have a shell script that is currently in running state. It has big sql's in it and will run for few days. What happens if I change the shell now? Eg: a.shl is running and i want to mv b.shl a.shl I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsjdrr
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a shell script without using an editor

Hi all, I really wan't to know that how to edit a shell script with out using an editor.. Is there any command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Ex editor commands in a shell script - Help!

Hi all, I am trying to use the Ex editor and its commands in a script - more specifically within an if statement within a while loop. Here are the basics of the loop: cat $file1 | while read line do grep $line $file2 if ] then echo $line > $file2 elseex $file2 /ESI185... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke222010
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Overwrite a Source Script Variable Value

Hello All, How do i overwrite a sourced script variable value. Sourced Script: GEN_PARAM_LIST4=""$LOG_DIR"/dwh_GenerateXMLFile.lst" GEN_PARAM_LIST4_v2=""$LOG_DIR"/dwh_GenerateXMLFile.v2.lst" I am using below statement for replacing. Script2: &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to overwrite a file

Hi Guys, My requirement as follows, i want to write a shell script to display the files of a folder, i export it to a file to mail the file. The problem is the exported file is getting appended every time I run the script. I just want the file to be over written. can anyone suggest?? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthick N
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to overwrite & before that keep copy a file on many servers

I have ssh password less auth enable & script does the job well as well #/bin/bash for i in `cat ip` do scp /etc/resolv.conf root@$ip done But I need to take backup of the file i will overwrite .. is there any simple way ? Kindly respond (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
5 Replies
WSMOUSED(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       WSMOUSED(8)

NAME
wsmoused -- multipurpose mouse daemon SYNOPSIS
wsmoused [-d device] [-f conf_file] [-m modes] [-n] DESCRIPTION
The wsmoused daemon provides mouse support in console, allowing copying and pasting text. The left mouse button is used to select text when held and you use the right button to paste it in the active console. Supported options are as follows: -d device specifies the device file to be used as the wsmouse(4) device. Defaults to /dev/wsmouse. -f conf_file specifies the configuration file to be used. Defaults to /etc/wsmoused.conf. -m modes specifies which modes should be activated. Mode names are given in the argument as a whitespace separated list. Overrides the 'modes' directive in the configuration file. -n do not fork in the background (for debugging purposes). Overrides the 'nodaemon' directive in the configuration file. Many other details can be tuned. See wsmoused.conf(5) for more information. wsmoused is designed to be a multipurpose mouse daemon. Functionality is provided through independent modes, enabled either through the -m flag or through the 'modes' property in the configuration file (the former takes precedence). The action mode The 'action' mode executes commands upon receiving mouse button events. Commands can be associated on a button basis, and can differentiate between push or release events. The selection mode The 'selection' mode provides visual copy and paste support in text consoles when using the wscons(4) device. A selection is created by clicking with the primary mouse button at any point on the screen and dragging it while clicked. When the button is released, the selected text is copied to an internal buffer for further pasting with the secondary button. FILES
/dev/ttyE[0-n] tty devices /dev/ttyEstat wsdisplay status notification device /dev/wsmouse[0-n] mouse control device /etc/wsmoused.conf default configuration file SEE ALSO
su(1), wscons(4), wsdisplay(4), wsmouse(4), rc.conf(5), ttys(5), wscons.conf(5), wsmoused.conf(5), moused(8), rc.subr(8) HISTORY
The wsmoused command first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. AUTHORS
The wsmoused command was developed by Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@NetBSD.org>. CAVEATS
wsmoused does work properly only with display drivers, which implement WSDISPLAYIO_GETWSCHAR and WSDISPLAYIO_PUTWSCHAR ioctls. Currently only vga(4) and drivers utilizing vcons(9) support it. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
When using the 'action' mode, commands specified in the configuration file are executed as the user who started the daemon. By default, this user is 'root' when using the rc.subr(8) framework. You should set 'wsmoused_user="<some_user>"' in rc.conf(5) to a safer user (and adjust file permissions accordingly) if the commands you want to execute do not require superuser privileges. An alternative is to use su(1) as part of the command string in the configuration file. NOTES
The following notes apply to all work modes: o When switching from the X screen to a text terminal, there is a small delay (five seconds) until the mouse works again. This time is used by X to close the mouse device properly. The following notes apply to the 'selection' mode only: o The mouse cursor is only visible for a short period of time. It will disappear when you stop moving it to avoid console corruption (which happens if it is visible and there is text output). o You need to change the getty program which is run in the first virtual terminal to use /dev/ttyE0 instead of /dev/console. To do this, edit /etc/ttys and /etc/wscons.conf. BSD
January 1, 2012 BSD