Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running same script through cron gives different output Post 302792175 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 11:15:27 PM
Old 04-10-2013
For 24 hour format set LC_TIME to POSIX

eg:

Code:
LC_TIME="POSIX" sar -tu 5 1 |  awk ...

or for AM/PM
Code:
LC_TIME= sar -tu 5 1 |  awk ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script using cron

I am running a script by scheduling it using the cron. The line in the cron file is - 10 * * * * ksh -v /apps/gofis/svam/cos_automation/cos_automation.sh vpqa > /apps/gofis/svam/cos_automation/cron.log 2>&1 But after the job is executed, the cron.log contains some part from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurgupta
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with cron

I have the following script (trapsize) that checks a file size on my syslog server, and if the file is gt 6g, it will mail an alert to the admin for inspection. The following works like a champ when I execute ./trapsize logged in as root user using bash shell. FILESIZE=$(ls -l /opt2/fwsm/fwsm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql output file not created while running it through cron

#!/bin/ksh file="/pkgs/roots/scripts/ISQL_op.txt" isql -H 11.11.11.111:1111 -U myUser -P myPwd -o $file << eof go select * from Table1 go eof my cron entry 00 08 03 11 * /pkgs/roots/scripts/testc.ksh file permission of the script is correct, i have used absolute path everywhere. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running from cron it gives blank output

Hi, I have ascript which drops a mail with the jobs status. here is the script: #!/bin/ksh mypath=/home/gaddamja flashlogpath=/sbcimp/dyn/data/flash/log cd $mypath v1=`ls -lrt | grep -i checkFilesForAmber_EUR1. |tail -1 | awk '{print $8}'` v2=`cat $v1` cd $flashlogpath ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems running script in cron...

Hi all, I have a script running on a Solaris 8 box and the first thing it does it check which user is executing it; if ; then echo "This script must be run as testuser" 1>&2 exit 1 fi This works fine when manually running the script however when adding into that users' crontab it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Script not running from cron

Hi, I''ve made a script that's running fine from the command line but when running from cron it encounters the following issue: /tmp/tstscript/testfail.ksh: typeset: not found I've searched in Google and couldn't find anything, here's the beggining of the script (I can post the rest if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running using cron

Hello All, I am running the below script.when i am running from shell or terminal its running fine but running using cron its not working. ################################ b36376 27 % cat make_nis_account_ankit.sh #!/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not running through cron on solaris 5.8

Hi All, I am running a script thorugh cron which is given below. this script is not doing its defined job through cron ,files are still in unzipped state. But when i run this script as ./script.sh it gets executed fine and does all that is required. also when i run thi script as sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running in cron

Hi All, I have a script which is running fine while triggered manually, However if I placed in crontab it throwing an error. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -vx lc=1 st_date=$(`date "+%Y%m%d"`) LOGFILE=/home/transfer.log.$st_date file="/home/OM_WF.log.$st_date" Manual run - lc=1 + lc=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unable to get output in mail body after running cron

I have prepared script to get the file details everyday and send mail. while running bash script manually , it sends output in body . but does not send through cron. cron sends only subject . I believe have to use some wait or sleep syntex. to complete first . please help. #!/bin/bash ls... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yash_message
10 Replies
langinfo.h(3HEAD)						      Headers							 langinfo.h(3HEAD)

NAME
langinfo.h, langinfo - language information constants SYNOPSIS
#include <langinfo.h> DESCRIPTION
The <langinfo.h> header contains the constants used to identify items of langinfo data (see nl_langinfo(3C)). The type of the constant, nl_item, is defined as described in <nl_types.h>. The following constants are defined. The entries under Category indicate in which setlocale(3C) category each item is defined. Constant Category Meaning CODESET LC_CTYPE codeset name D_T_FMT LC_TIME string for formatting date and time D_FMT LC_TIME date format string T_FMT LC_TIME time format string T_FMT_AMPM LC_TIME a.m. or p.m. time format string AM_STR LC_TIME ante-meridiem affix PM_STR LC_TIME post-meridiem affix DAY_1 LC_TIME name of the first day of the week (for example, Sunday) DAY_2 LC_TIME name of the second day of the week (for example, Monday) DAY_3 LC_TIME name of the third day of the week (for example, Tuesday) DAY_4 LC_TIME name of the fourth day of the week (for example, Wednesday) DAY_5 LC_TIME name of the fifth day of the week (for example, Thursday) DAY_6 LC_TIME name of the sixth day of the week (for example, Friday) DAY_7 LC_TIME name of the seventh day of the week (for example, Saturday) ABDAY_1 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the first day of the week ABDAY_2 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the second day of the week ABDAY_3 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the third day of the week ABDAY_4 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fourth day of the week ABDAY_5 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fifth day of the week ABDAY_6 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week ABDAY_7 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week MON_1 LC_TIME name of the first month of the year MON_2 LC_TIME name of the second month MON_3 LC_TIME name of the third month MON_4 LC_TIME name of the fourth month MON_5 LC_TIME name of the fifth month MON_6 LC_TIME name of the sixth month MON_7 LC_TIME name of the seventh month MON_8 LC_TIME name of the eighth month MON_9 LC_TIME name of the ninth month MON_10 LC_TIME name of the tenth month MON_11 LC_TIME name of the eleventh month MON_12 LC_TIME name of the twelfth month ABMON_1 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the first month ABMON_2 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the second month ABMON_3 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the third month ABMON_4 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fourth month ABMON_5 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the fifth month ABMON_6 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the sixth month ABMON_7 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the seventh month ABMON_8 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the eighth month ABMON_9 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the ninth month ABMON_10 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the tenth month ABMON_11 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the eleventh month ABMON_12 LC_TIME abbreviated name of the twelfth month ERA LC_TIME era description segments ERA_D_FMT LC_TIME era date format string ERA_D_T_FMT LC_TIME era date and time format string ERA_T_FMT LC_TIME era time format string ALT_DIGITS LC_TIME alternative symbols for digits RADIXCHAR LC_NUMERIC radix character THOUSEP LC_NUMERIC separator for thousands YESEXPR LC_MESSAGES affirmative response expression NOEXPR LC_MESSAGES negative response expression YESSTR LC_MESSAGES affirmative response for yes/no queries NOSTR LC_MESSAGES negative response ro yes/no queries CRNCYSTR LC_MONETARY local currency symbol, preceded by '-' if the symbol sould appear before the value, '+' if the symbol should appear after the value, or '.' if the symbol should replace the radix character If the locale's values for p_cs_precedes and n_cs_precedes do not match, the value of nl_langinfo(CRNCYSTR) is unspecified. The <langinfo.h> header declares the following as a function: char *nl_langinfo(nl_item); Inclusion of <langinfo.h> header may also make visible all symbols from <nl_types.h>. USAGE
Wherever possible, users are advised to use functions compatible with those in the ISO C standard to access items of langinfo data. In par- ticular, the strftime(3C) function should be used to access date and time information defined in category LC_TIME. The localeconv(3C) func- tion should be used to access information corresponding to RADIXCHAR, THOUSEP, and CRNCYSTR. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mkmsgs(1), localeconv(3C), nl_langinfo(3C), nl_types.h(3HEAD), setlocale(3C), strftime(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2002 langinfo.h(3HEAD)