Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renaming the file name for n number of files Post 302792025 by chillblue on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 02:51:51 PM
Old 04-09-2013
Thank you Ahamed,

I got the following error message when I tried to execute it.

Please find the attachment for the screen shot.

Thank you.
Renaming the file name for n number of files-59161ed6792e1d17jpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming a Number of Files

I want to rename my mp3s. Iw ant them to use a standard of 'Band Name - Song Title.mp3'. Currently, all of my mp3s are in the following directory structure: /MyMusic/Band Name/Album Name/*.mp3 Esentailly I want to update each file with the Band Name from the hierarchy and then move all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fnard
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming files by matching info from a separate file

Hi All, I could use a bit of help with this as I'm at a loss. I have a number of files all named accordingly: I have a separate text file that is as follows: What I want to do is end up with: I don't know how to do this, though I'm certain it can be done, and would rather learn how... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demosthenes
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files in one file from names in other

Hi Guys, I have a small problem of renaming multiple files. For example I have names of a set of files in one directory like K2_34625-34675 K7_988963-988983 K12_773882-7734102 and the other set corresponding to the same is U_P_321_9_3_11.ab1 U_P_322_9_3_11.ab1 U_P_323_9_3_11.ab1 Now... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grepping files and then renaming file

Hi, What is the easiest way to list a directory with 1000s of filenames, grep it for a certain sequence of numbers, and if found to rename the file by the value you are grepping. eg The file I am examining will looks like this: 1234 1224343 2324 244 35665 If I am examining a list... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mantis
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count number of files in directory and write to new file with number of files and their name?

Hi! I just want to count number of files in a directory, and write to new text file, with number of files and their name output should look like this,, assume that below one is a new file created by script Number of files in directory = 25 1. a.txt 2. abc.txt 3. asd.dat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all files inside a zipped file

Hi, To all the Unix gurus this should be a simple task, but as a newbie I'm finding it hard to crack this. Any help is highly appreciated... Scenario: Step 1 : Move zip file from FTP folder to WORK folder Step 2: Unzip the file "Sample_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.tar.gz" which contains many file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming a file with sequence number

Hi team, I need a script for renaming a file with sequence number. script get a file from one directory, /home/billing/Cmm/sms/sms_tmp, append sequence no at the end of file name and move a file to other directory, /home/billing/Cmm/sms/. Actual file is cdr201508271527, and file after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file into multiple files and renaming them

Hi all, Newbie here. First of all, sorry if I made any mistakes while posting this question in terms of rules. Correct me if I am wrong. :b: I have a .dat file whose name is in the format of 20170311_abc_xyz.dat. The file consists of records whose first column consists of multiple dates in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanduris
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files to a directory, renaming it if a file with the same name already exists

Hi All, I need to copy files from one directory to another with the files to be renamed while copying if a file with the same name already exists in the target directory. THanks, Dev (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the XML file and renaming the files

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement to split the xml file into different xml files. Can you please help me with that? Here is my Source XML file <jms-system-resource> <name>PS6SOAJMSModule</name> <target>soa_server1</target> <sub-deployment> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
3 Replies
GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)					    OpenGL 3.3						  GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)

NAME
glFramebufferRenderbuffer - attach a renderbuffer as a logical buffer to the currently bound framebuffer object C SPECIFICATION
GLsync glFramebufferRenderbuffer(GLenum target, GLenum attachment, GLenum renderbuffertarget, GLuint renderbuffer); PARAMETERS
target Specifies the framebuffer target. target must be GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER, or GL_FRAMEBUFFER. GL_FRAMEBUFFER is equivalent to GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER. attachment Specifies the attachment point of the framebuffer. renderbuffertarget Specifies the renderbuffer target and must be GL_RENDERBUFFER. renderbuffer Specifies the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget to attach. DESCRIPTION
glFramebufferRenderbuffer attaches a renderbuffer as one of the logical buffers of the currently bound framebuffer object. renderbuffer is the name of the renderbuffer object to attach and must be either zero, or the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget. If renderbuffer is not zero and if glFramebufferRenderbuffer is successful, then the renderbuffer name renderbuffer will be used as the logical buffer identified by attachment of the framebuffer currently bound to target. The value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_TYPE for the specified attachment point is set to GL_RENDERBUFFER and the value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_NAME is set to renderbuffer. All other state values of the attachment point specified by attachment are set to their default values. No change is made to the state of the renderbuuffer object and any previous attachment to the attachment logical buffer of the framebuffer target is broken. Calling glFramebufferRenderbuffer with the renderbuffer name zero will detach the image, if any, identified by attachment, in the framebuffer currently bound to target. All state values of the attachment point specified by attachment in the object bound to target are set to their default values. Setting attachment to the value GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT is a special case causing both the depth and stencil attachments of the framebuffer object to be set to renderbuffer, which should have the base internal format GL_DEPTH_STENCIL. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if renderbuffertarget is not GL_RENDERBUFFER. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if zero is bound to target. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer(), glGenRenderbuffers(), glFramebufferTexture(), glFramebufferTexture1D(), glFramebufferTexture2D(), glFramebufferTexture3D() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)