Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Env cmd
Operating Systems Linux Env cmd Post 302791935 by alister on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 12:59:29 PM
Old 04-09-2013
I don't understand your error message. It seems you've omitted something important. Where does grep come in?

Perhaps you should begin the story by describing the "certain issue" along with a more detailed description of your workaround.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Env

hey guys!!!! i have a few question .. how to modify the user ENV in Sun Solaris 10 ... Thanks!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

env

Hi, I want to check the path set for a particular variable.Like when i use "env" command ,so many variables are there.I have to search for that variable which i need.Instead can i have any cmd which i can directly check the path set for that variable except "echo $path_name" Thanks, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

profile and env

i am new to this and trying to learn unix how can i change my .profile and set ENV variable in .profile to the file name of my environmental file. And how can i create the ENV file. my current .profile is as follows # This is the default standard profile provided to a user. # They are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comwol
3 Replies

6. AIX

CDE Env.

Hi I installed aix 5.2-09 on js21 but am unable to get cde environment through X manager soft. when i run ./rc.dt am able to get the same but this remains till next reboot. What should i do can anybody help me???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

I want a HP-UX ENV,how could I?

just for practice,:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebsdjlu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)