Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep IP address form a text file along with the subnet Post 302791889 by Corona688 on Tuesday 9th of April 2013 12:11:25 PM
Old 04-09-2013
Code:
egrep -o '[0-9]+[.][0-9]+[.][0-9]+[.][0-9]+/[0-9]+' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix

Hi, I'm new to unix and have absolutely no experience with it. I am trying to change the network setting on the only computer on our network with SCO Unix. We switched ISP's and now have a new set of IP's. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go in and change these settings, please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
12 Replies

2. SCO

ACL for Subnet/IP address

I am trying to find out if you can create an ACL for telnet sessions and restrict it to a certain subnet/IP range.. any information or where to look would be greatly appreciated. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip address and subnet comparing

Hmmm, tough question for me, so I put it here. I am trying to use shell script or mysql to do the following thing. tableA, in which all are single ips. sip ------- 1.2.3.4 8.8.8.8 123.3.32.1 .... and tableB, a list of our group subnets. subnet --------- 1.0.0.0/8 20.0.1.0/24 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the max length word form a file?

Hi i have a requirement that is extract the max length word from a file ? plz reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vankireddy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch last line no form file which is match with specific pattern by grep command

Hi i have a file which have a pattern like this Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 9 08:14:27 EST5EDT 2010 on tty . Nov 10 Oct 19 02:14:21 EST5EDT 2010 on pts/tk . Nov 10 afrtetryytr Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 10 03:21:04 EST5EDT 2010 Dec 8 Nov 10 05:03:02 EST5EDT 2010 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file + image/form/overlay file to PDF

Hi, We have an app specific legacy environment running SCO Openserver 5.0.7. I need to be able to (1) scan a pre-existing “form” consisting of logo/boxes/lines/static text as an image , (2) lay a print file from the app "on top of the image" and (3) output the "merge" as a PDF file. Scanning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 65bit
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Removing characters form text file and replaicng

I currently have a text file which looks like this 2010.26 (0.0306746) @ 59,19 I want to remove all 22 characters up till the "59" NOTE: REMOVE, not replace with (null) NOTE2: The 59 CANNOT be taken as a number to consider in the script... it is not fixed. The only thing that is fixed is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all ip address from subnet mask

I have this subnet file shown below. How can I calculate all ip addresses from that list 103.22.200.0/22 141.101.64.0/18 10.0.0.0/22I need to be able to read the subnet file and print all IPs in those subnet to an out put file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to appears as different ip address when I send a form

Hi my problem is that I need to send a form to a web address using curl, from a unix shell, the web address on the receiving end will only accept incoming data from a specific ip address, and port, on another machine on our intranet, and I can not run curl on that machine. Is there any way I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
5 Replies
MKERRLST(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MKERRLST(1)

NAME
mkerrlst - create system error file SYNOPSIS
mkerrlst [ -i inputfile ] [ -o outputfile ] DESCRIPTION
Mkerrlst(1) creates error message files in the format described by syserrlst(5). With no arguments mkerrlst creates the file /etc/syserrlst from the internal array sys_errlist. Give just the -o option mkerrlst will create the file outputfile from the internal array sys_errlist. Given just the -i option mkerrlst will create the file /etc/syserrlst from the input file inputfile. Given both -i and -o options mkerrlst will create the error message file outputfile from the strings contained in inputfile. NOTE: error messages are numbered from 0. If the error 0 does not have a message associated with it the first string in inputfile must still be present. RETURN VALUE
mkerrlst exits with status of 0 if no errors are encountered. If errors do occur an error message is printed on stderr and the exit status is 1. ERRORS
mkerrlst(1) can encounter any of the errors for the open(2), lseek(2), read(2), or write(2) system calls. SEE ALSO
syserrlst(3) syserrlst(5) HISTORY
mkerrlst(1), first appeared in 2.11BSD. BUGS
Error messages can be a maximum of 80 characters. 3rd Berkeley Distribution March 14, 1996 MKERRLST(1)