Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connecting to a server using FTP is hanging Post 302791089 by Kannannair on Sunday 7th of April 2013 11:37:42 PM
Old 04-08-2013
Connecting to a server using FTP is hanging

Hi Friends

I have created a shell script to connect to a windows server. But the problem is while trying to run the script I am not getting any output. After running the script it is hanged and the prompt is not showing until if I press the ctrl+Z to break the script. I also tried using the FTP command but here also I am getting the "Connecting to server address" meaasge and after that it is hanged.

I checked using telnet and it is working but while doing telnet it is asking for the username and password and the FTp port 21 is opened also. For your refrence I am attching the screenshot of FTP.

Can anybody tell me why this is coming.

Thanks and Regards
Darshan
Connecting to a server using FTP is hanging-ftpjpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Server Hanging frequently - urgent help required

hi, I am facing a sever problem in mu HO-UX 11.11.0 Server which is getting hanged for last 3/4 days. Its giveing error insufficient memory. Earlier this problem was not there. We are using oour ERP & informix on the same. There no heavy & sudden increase of data. When I checked the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: micku_100
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Ftp not connecting to ip

If i do a ftp localhost , it works but if i do a ftp x.x.x.x (ip ) it does not work thoug all the services are running what could be the reason for this bash-3.00# ftp localhost Connected to localhost. 220- bash-3.00# ftp 10.63.25.176 Connected to 10.63.25.176. 421 Service not available,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to other server thru ftp

Hi, Can someone help me on how to ftp to UNIX server from an another UNIX Server. I tried the follwoing but it is not working. ftp -n 10.10.0.1 quote user usrname quote pass passwd ls Though ftp is starting it is not allowing me run command..... it is asking to Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP client is hanging very rarely!

Hi, I have a script in which I am using ftp to transfer some files from remote -> local and vice versa, this scripts is invoked by cron. for your reference I am sharing the function also : ============================================= fn_FileTransfer_LocalToRemote() { set -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble connecting to FTP proxy server

Hi Guys, I have trouble connecting to ftp server. My task is to connect to the proxy server and get the latest file to the local machine. It works fine when i do the same steps manually. I've been trying to do it in multiple ways but im just not able to connect. When i check the log, this is what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting through ftp command

I have a general problem of connection to my site 'noos'. My server's ftp name is 'mapage.noos.fr' and login is 'stehub', according to my hotline. I just need to fill the field Password to be connected (in software like Transmit or Dreamweaver), theorically. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK and my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Connecting to ftp server

Hi All, I have a ftp link as "ftp://ftp1.xyz.org/abc_ike/". The same thing is opening fine when I use a browser. But I am not sure how to connect to the above link from console. I used the command ftp ftp1.xyz.org The above is not working. I am not getting any error it simply stands still.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

During mounting server is hanging

HI, I am facing the issue, while mounting servrt is getting hanged. mount 10.10.10.1/test /test (while running this command server is getting hanged) I have defined in /etc/exports /test 10.10.10.2 (rw,sync,no_root_squash) I have started nfs, portmap services. Please suggest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with ftp hanging

I could have sworn I posted on this issue earlier a couple of weeks ago but now cannot find the thread to add some updated info so I guess I'll start from scratch. Running on Oracle Linux 5.6, 64-bit. I have a weekly job that does an ftp 'mget' to copy a bunch of files from a production... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
12 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)