Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Share NTFS for Backups
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Share NTFS for Backups Post 302791015 by Mack1982 on Sunday 7th of April 2013 03:47:31 PM
Old 04-07-2013
Thanks.

Yes it is temporary and will be staged to tapes later. I just want to take the load off the network during peak hours.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backups

I have been using the hostdump.sh backup script for over a year now and have recently run into a problem. I'm now getting the following error at the end of my jobs; /bin/mt -f: error fsf'ing tape. This script uses the native 'ufsdump'. So, I try to go back and read the last dump on the tape... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backups

When using hostdump.sh to backup a system I can do it fine. But how can I restore what I backuped up? :) Thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backups.

Hello everyone my ? is about backups. I'am running SCO OS 505 and currently backing up the hole HD. Well the back up is taking too long and this is becoming a problem for the users since we are a 24-7 bussines, I whant stop backing up every thing on the HD. What are the most important files and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Backups too CD

I've been handed the task of backing up some of our system files on a Solaris box. No probs. Zipped the logs that needed backing up but my superiors do not want it on tape, they want it spanned on CD's. The CD-Writer is available on a MS box. FTP'd the zipped logs across too the MS Machine but now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mccrack_2003
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Remote NTFS Share for Read/Write under Linux

I've done this in the past, but I didn't save the syntax. I'm still kicking myself about that... I am trying to mount \\server_name\share_name for read/write under CentOS 5.2 (a "generic" version of RedHat). As I recall, there was a fairly simple (maybe a oneline) command that would allow NTFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 6.1 Backups

Hello, I've got multiple AIX LPARs running on VIOS, within a blade environment. I need to dump a mksysb backup to backup rootvg and a couple of other volume groups. mksysb -i "destination"; works however I'd like to make sure its being done correctly. on the other volume groups, ive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollie01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data reformat if share share content

Input data: read1_data1 read1_data1 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read5_data1 . . Desired output result: read1_data1 read1_data2 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backups using rsync

Hello all, I'm using nas4free as a SAN and am having troubles getting a backup of it's data to work properly. I've posted in the nas4free forums, but haven't received much help. Here is the code I'm using: #!/bin/sh {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dpatino
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Ntfs-3g help?

I am trying to get ntfs-3g to work, so I can mount ntfs partitions. I installed ntfs-3g from SFE - Software Packages for Solaris, OpenIndiana and OmniOS | Get your favourite software for (TM) Solaris 11, OpenIndiana Hipster, OmniOS as ready-to-use IPS packages Repository There are VLC, Wine, etc.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
0 Replies
AMCHECKDUMP(8)						  System Administration Commands					    AMCHECKDUMP(8)

NAME
amcheckdump - check the results of an Amanda dump SYNOPSIS
amcheckdump [--timestamp|-t timestamp] [--verbose] [-o configoption...] config DESCRIPTION
Amcheckdump verifies Amanda dump images by reading them from storage volume(s) and verifying that the images can be parsed by the appropriate application (if available). For example, a GNUTAR image is passed to GNU Tar for parsing, and any errors (e.g., corrupt or missing data) are noted. The application runs on the most recent dump or, if --timestamp is specified, on the most recent dump with that timestamp. Note that the verification is local to the Amanda server; if the dump application is not available, or is configured differently on the server than on the client, then the verification will most likely fail. If a changer is available, it is used to load the required tapes. Otherwise, the application interactively requests the tapes. See the "CONFIGURATION OVERRIDE" section in amanda(8) for information on the -o option. EXAMPLE
# check the most recent dump amcheckdump MYCONFIG # check a specific dump from back in '78 amcheckdump MYCONFIG --timestamp 19780615 SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Ian Turner <ian@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMCHECKDUMP(8)