Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print variable then fields in variable Post 302790777 by Yoda on Saturday 6th of April 2013 05:11:30 PM
Old 04-06-2013
AWK split function returns the number of elements created:
Code:
awk -v valA="$varT" 'BEGIN{n=split(valA,F,/--/);print F[n]}'

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in awk

i read the variable ph from file and i wanna to print it in awk. example ph=`cat tmpbatch` tail h.txt|grep "| |"|awk -F"|" '{ print "@unpdx.sql",$5 }'"$ph" i try this but it does not work (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazanoova2
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can awk print column using a variable ??

i want to print the column file using awk or cut in dynamic manner like trmp=2;temp1=1;temp3=2 awk 'BEGIN{OFS=IFS="\t"} {print $temp,$temp1,$temp3}' client_data.txt or cut -f $temp1,$temp2,$temp3 -d"\t" file_name . but it is showing error , In awk can i use variable as in printing... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
36 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in file using awk

hi, i have store variable in $var i want to print it in $3 of file using awk. how can i do it? file : var1,var2,var3 var5,var6,var7 var8,var9,var10 . . . i want to print $var in $3 ( for example var3 or var7 or var10) thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a value in the variable using awk ?

:b:Hi All, I have a part of a script below: var1="value1" awk 'BEGIN {printf("%36s \n ","value1")}' Instead of directly giving the "value1" , I need to give using "var1" in the above awk statement. Is this possible? If so, what is the modified awk command? Thanks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable

I have list of files: ls a.pdf b.pdf c.pdf and so on... and I have a file like this: cat file1 apple mango pear and so on... I want to rename my file like this: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print using a variable

hey, just want to ask how to do this. ex. g="hi i am john" h=`echo $g | awk '{print $2}'` echo $h OUTPUT is 'i' What if I want to use a variable instead of using '2', how do I do that? Because this one does not work: a=2 h=`echo $g | awk '{print ${$a}}'` this one also does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable won't print out - awk

done. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myaa02
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating awk fields with variable

Hi, I am trying to do this:- FILE=application.log PID=12345 FILE=`echo $FILE | awk -F "." '{print $1 "$PID" $2}'` echo $FILE application$PIDlog I need the output to be application12345.log but I am not sure how to get the $PID variable into the output. I have tried various things... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk processing of variable number of fields data file

Hy! I need to post-process some data files which have variable (and periodic) number of fields. For example, I need to square (data -> data*data) the folowing data file: -5.34281E-28 -3.69822E-29 8.19128E-29 9.55444E-29 8.16494E-29 6.23125E-29 4.42106E-29 2.94592E-29 1.84841E-29 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radudownload
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: subset of fields as variable with sprint

Dear Unix Gurus, input: A|1|2|3|4|5 B|1|2|3|4|3 C|1|2|3|4|1 D|1|9|3|4|12 output: A_(5);B(3);C(1)|1|2|3|4 D_(12)|1|9|3|4 Details: If $2, $3, $3, $5 are identical, concatenate $1 and associated $NF together in the first field. But I am trying to do the above by passing the identical... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
6 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)