Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk print variable then fields in variable Post 302790777 by Yoda on Saturday 6th of April 2013 05:11:30 PM
Old 04-06-2013
AWK split function returns the number of elements created:
Code:
awk -v valA="$varT" 'BEGIN{n=split(valA,F,/--/);print F[n]}'

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in awk

i read the variable ph from file and i wanna to print it in awk. example ph=`cat tmpbatch` tail h.txt|grep "| |"|awk -F"|" '{ print "@unpdx.sql",$5 }'"$ph" i try this but it does not work (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazanoova2
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can awk print column using a variable ??

i want to print the column file using awk or cut in dynamic manner like trmp=2;temp1=1;temp3=2 awk 'BEGIN{OFS=IFS="\t"} {print $temp,$temp1,$temp3}' client_data.txt or cut -f $temp1,$temp2,$temp3 -d"\t" file_name . but it is showing error , In awk can i use variable as in printing... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
36 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in file using awk

hi, i have store variable in $var i want to print it in $3 of file using awk. how can i do it? file : var1,var2,var3 var5,var6,var7 var8,var9,var10 . . . i want to print $var in $3 ( for example var3 or var7 or var10) thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a value in the variable using awk ?

:b:Hi All, I have a part of a script below: var1="value1" awk 'BEGIN {printf("%36s \n ","value1")}' Instead of directly giving the "value1" , I need to give using "var1" in the above awk statement. Is this possible? If so, what is the modified awk command? Thanks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable

I have list of files: ls a.pdf b.pdf c.pdf and so on... and I have a file like this: cat file1 apple mango pear and so on... I want to rename my file like this: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print using a variable

hey, just want to ask how to do this. ex. g="hi i am john" h=`echo $g | awk '{print $2}'` echo $h OUTPUT is 'i' What if I want to use a variable instead of using '2', how do I do that? Because this one does not work: a=2 h=`echo $g | awk '{print ${$a}}'` this one also does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable won't print out - awk

done. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myaa02
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating awk fields with variable

Hi, I am trying to do this:- FILE=application.log PID=12345 FILE=`echo $FILE | awk -F "." '{print $1 "$PID" $2}'` echo $FILE application$PIDlog I need the output to be application12345.log but I am not sure how to get the $PID variable into the output. I have tried various things... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk processing of variable number of fields data file

Hy! I need to post-process some data files which have variable (and periodic) number of fields. For example, I need to square (data -> data*data) the folowing data file: -5.34281E-28 -3.69822E-29 8.19128E-29 9.55444E-29 8.16494E-29 6.23125E-29 4.42106E-29 2.94592E-29 1.84841E-29 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radudownload
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: subset of fields as variable with sprint

Dear Unix Gurus, input: A|1|2|3|4|5 B|1|2|3|4|3 C|1|2|3|4|1 D|1|9|3|4|12 output: A_(5);B(3);C(1)|1|2|3|4 D_(12)|1|9|3|4 Details: If $2, $3, $3, $5 are identical, concatenate $1 and associated $NF together in the first field. But I am trying to do the above by passing the identical... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)