Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to compare files recursively using sdiff Post 302790735 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 6th of April 2013 03:10:06 PM
Old 04-06-2013
To sort a file in itself please use
Code:
sort -o $filename $filename

@hanson44: please avoid useless use of cat
Code:
count=`wc -l < /tmp/new_path.x`

In this case one can even do the efficient but cryptic
Code:
count=`
find "$new_dir" -name "$filename" -print |
 tee /tmp/new_path.x |
 wc -l`

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compare files

HI i wil get input from sql query and that too i can get a list o f files or just one. i have to pick up a file from another directory which hads prefix to this prefix.x.x.x.x.x. And we have to discard prefix and use that file name. we have to compare this file name(no need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulse2india
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - find, recursively, all files that are duplicated

Hi. I have a problem that i can't seem to resolve. I need to create a script that list all the files, that are found recursively, with the same name. For example if a file exists in more than one directory with the same name it list all the files that he founds with all the info. Could someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KitFisto
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script generating files in directory recursively

I have a script which generates recursively some files in folders for a given root folder. I have checks for permissions and it works for all folders except one(i have 777 permission on it). When i try calling the script in problematic folder(problematic folder being root folder), script works as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sdiff without files

Hi, I'm trying to use sdiff by parsing the output of another command instead of the filename: sdiff <(echo test1) <(echo test2)However, this seems to cause my terminal session to stop working. If I use it with normal diff it works fine: ~$ diff <(echo test1) <(echo test2) 1c1 < test1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files using sdiff command output

Hi All, I have written the shell script which does the following : a. Reads the *.cnf file content from the specified input folder path b. Grep's some strings from the *.cnf file and writes the output in result file(*.cnf_result.txt) in output folder c. Now, if we get new version of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files using awk command recursively

I want to compare two files, 1) Compare Each query result. 2) Compare Only first row of the Query output 3) Compare Time (3rd column), First file time is lesser than 2nd file then print the PO_NUM else do nothing. File1: C:\script>call transaction 1OPOP C:\script>Select ID, PO_ID, TIME, DES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ragu14
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SDiff Two files with space problem

Hello guys, I have a problem. I'm trying to use SDiff with two files which are containing spaces. My problem is that I want to save the output with > in an extra file. If I try to use it like this. sdiff "test file1" "test file2" > OutputfileI get this message: usage: diff ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariopart
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sdiff doesn't try and compare to closest match

In the example below i would want the extensions to match. Is there any other utility or script to achieve this. Kindly help. Example: sdiff sourceFileNames targetFileNames 17021701P.blf | 17021901P.ibk 17021701P.chn | 17021901P.irk 17021701P.bmr | 17021901P.dyd 17021701P.dpf |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamilpasha
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)