Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab query !!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab query !! Post 302790301 by mohtashims on Friday 5th of April 2013 06:26:46 AM
Old 04-05-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikK45
Show how the cronjobs are scheduled in the first place. Your query is vague and explains only ur need. We need to know more details to help you.
00 11 * * * /home/ramesh/bin/connectdb1.sh
00 11 * * * /home/ramesh/bin/connectdb2.sh
00 11 * * * /home/ramesh/bin/connectdb3.sh
00 13 * * * /home/ramesh/bin/calculate.sh

calculate.sh should run only if first three cronjobs are successully executed else an email saying "Error in cronjob execution." should be triggered.

---------- Post updated at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajesuri
A crude way: Maintain a file that tells if the three cronjobs ran successfully or not. Have each of the three scripts write a success or failure value in this file. In the 4th script, read this file and check if there are three success values. If yes, then run the script, else don't.
The 4th script in a cronjob. How can I stop its execution upon failure ?

Are you saying let the 4th cronjob also run, read the value about failure in that file and self terminate itself ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query

hello, i am working as aix system administrator, what is the major difference between aix and sun solaris ..os. what r the area difficult in solaris for aix administrator .............................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varadakumar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query

I have converted data written on excel sheet in unix through shell & perl prg now the problem is I want that if starting columns of the xls sheet is Blank than when data is converted into unix then it should appear with this '|' sign. but it appearing like this: hfgg|tytt| but I want like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query

hi i am producing txt outputs of archives created by our tsm software. problem is some of these files are too large to open in excel so i can despatch. here is a example of the output TAG_460 /prod_bak 7 FILE /ARCHIVE/Whistles- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to query : YES or NO

hi i want to make script. where i want to query from the user yes or no exp: do you want to proceed : y for yes n for NO. how this is possible in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query

Hi, I have a script to remove null values from a file. Could any one explain how this is working? :confused: while read f do echo process $f gawk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
PPPOE-STOP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     PPPOE-STOP(8)

NAME
pppoe-stop - Shell script to shut down a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-stop [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-stop is a shell script which stops the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit config_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. AUTHOR
pppoe-stop was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-STOP(8)