Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it?? Post 302790189 by nikhil jain on Friday 5th of April 2013 01:09:36 AM
Old 04-05-2013
How do i find a file with the current time stamp in it??

I want to find a file using find or any utility having the current date time stamp.....

I have an alternate way to do that.... but that is too way out of logic... so looking out something with find itself

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the time stamp of file

can we change the timestamp of a file to old date. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root other 330 Jul 1 16:03 abc.txt it shows creation time is 16.03 can i change it to previous time :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the create time of a file if current date is in next month

Hi All, I want to find the time diffrence between currnt time and "abc.txt" file create time. I have solve that but if the abc.txt file created last month then is there any process to find the difftent? Exp: Create time of abc.txt is "Apr 14 06:48" and currect date is "May 17 23:47".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyankak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unziping to current time stamp

Basically when ever unzipping the .zip file , what ever the file exist in the .zip file with the time stamp, that is the same time stamp after unzip. But if i need the current time stamp to the unzipped file(time stamp whenever unzip process occurs ) any helpful option in unzip command ??? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip to current time stamp?

I need the current time stamp to the unzipped file , any helpful option in unzip command ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Find command output gives one day before time stamp

Hi All, I am listing the files which are 4 hours older. For this first I have creted a dummy file with the 4 hours before timestamp, then I am using the below find command, find /path/ -type f ! -newer 4_hours_oledr_file -exec ls -lrt {} \; I am getting the files which are older than... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current time stamp column in existing csv file

Hi , I want to add a new column 'current_time stamp' in my existing csv file with current time stamp for all the records.I tried something this but this is printing 0 with date & time and printed date one line above header.Please help awk -F "," 'BEGIN{ OFS="," } {$6=system("date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diplay current time stamp in the output

I want to display the command output in a particular format. can you please suggest how can i do this Output of the command Name= XYZ Company= Alpha Department= Accounts Country= Singapore Name=MNC Company= Beta Department= Engineering country=Malta Name=ABC Company=Gamma... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swets
2 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.16.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)