Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display Additional Variable string in awk print command Post 302790159 by ahamed101 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 11:10:45 PM
Old 04-05-2013
If you can provide the output of svmon..., then we can try to do a column match, else we need to traverse the entire line for a exact match field by field check.

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to display nth line before the string is matched.

All, Is there any way out to display the nth line before the string is matched ??? Eg : If i have a file which has the following contents and if i want to get the 3rd line before the string is matched a b c d e f if i give the input as f and lines before the match as 3 then it should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: helper
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help..string display

Dear All I had input file as mention below. <RXMFP:MO=RXOTX-46-5; RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION MANAGED OBJECT FAULT INFORMATION MO BTSSWVER RXOTX-46-5 ERA-G04-R11-V01 RU RUREVISION RUSERIALNO 0 RUPOSITION ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable

I have list of files: ls a.pdf b.pdf c.pdf and so on... and I have a file like this: cat file1 apple mango pear and so on... I want to rename my file like this: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print using a variable

hey, just want to ask how to do this. ex. g="hi i am john" h=`echo $g | awk '{print $2}'` echo $h OUTPUT is 'i' What if I want to use a variable instead of using '2', how do I do that? Because this one does not work: a=2 h=`echo $g | awk '{print ${$a}}'` this one also does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable interpolation in "print" of awk command

Hi, I have a snippet like below. Based on variable i, i wish to print 1,2,3,4,5th columns to Sample files. For each loop, one column from contetn and results will be pused to sample files. But i have a problem here i=1 while ; do `awk -F"\t" '{print $($i)}' $content > Sample_${i}_original`;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable then fields in variable

i have this variable: varT="1--2--3--5" i want to use awk to print field 3 from this variable. i dont want to do the "echo $varT". but here's my awk code: awk -v valA="$varT" "BEGIN {print valA}" this prints the entire line. i feel like i'm so close to getting what i want. i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass variable to awk command search string

I must have forgot how to do this, but, I am attempting to enter a variable into an awk / gawk search pattern. I am getting a value from user input to place in a specific section of a 132 character string. my default command is .... gawk --re-interval '/^(.{3}P .{4}CYA.{8}1)/' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdeevers
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
SHAPELIB(1)							   User Commands						       SHAPELIB(1)

NAME
dbfdump - dump xBase DBF files as text SYNOPSIS
dbfdump [-h] [-m] [-r] file DESCRIPTION
Dumps the contents of file to standard output. The first line contains the field names appearing in file, and each of the following lines contains the field values of a record. Field names and values are padded by spaces to their field widths. Empty fields are printed as the string "(NULL)". OPTIONS
-h Prints the column field definitions before other output. Each field definition consists of a line of the form Field: index, Type=type, Title=`name', Width=width, Decimals=precision where index is the zero offset column number of the field; the type indicates the datatype of the field value and is either "Inte- ger", "Real" or "String"; name is the field's name; width is the number of bytes reserved for the field's value; and precision is the number of decimal places of precision for "Real" type fields, and is zero for "Integer" and "String" type fields. -m Prints each record in multiline format separated by empty lines. The first line of a record gives the number of the record in the form Records: record_index where record_index is the zero offset number of the record in the file, and then each field of the record appears on its own line in the format name: value -r Prints the exact bytes occurring in file for field values and suppresses printing "(NULL)" for empty values. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful program execution. 1 Missing file argument. 2 Failed to open file. 3 There are no fields in file. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on stdout: DBFOpen(file,"r") failed. There are no fields in this table! AUTHORS
Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam@pobox.com) is the maintainer of the shapelib shapefile library. Joonas Pihlaja (jpihlaja@cc.helsinki.fi) wrote this man page. BUGS
Unless the -r option is given, values in numeric fields that overflow the int or double types of the C language are printed as plus or minus a huge number. For integer fields the huge value is HUGE_VALL from <stdlib.h> and for real fields it is HUGE_VALF. SEE ALSO
dbf_dump(1), dbfcreate(1), dbfadd(1), shpadd(1), shpcreate(1), shpdump(1), shprewind(1) shapelib OCTOBER 2004 SHAPELIB(1)