Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to varyonvg after copy vg from XIV Post 302790115 by cerber0 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 06:19:40 PM
Old 04-04-2013
before to try the varyonvg, could you check if lspv shows the same content in both nodes

I not have experience in XIV, but in another Storage Copies (EMC, HDS), probably you need clean the reservations that the original system put in the physical devices.

I think tyhat you need heck that the attributes on same nodes are the same, use lsattr -El hdiskX to review these, in special the reservation policy values.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to varyonvg

Hello all, Strange problem on p5 520 server. I've created two volume groups, filesystems, etc.. Everything working fine, without any problem. After some tests with a DS4300 unit I wanted to remove the volume groups, change the DS4300 configuration, and re-create a new volumegroup. However, I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy or move file

I am trying to move a file that is in the root directory. I suspect it is an old file created by someone when the system was installed. I am testing accessing the file by doing a copy but the command does not find the file. I am operating as root. We are HP-UX B.11.23 I do long listing and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcorn
3 Replies

3. AIX

FastT600 - Cannot varyonvg on one server, but can varyonvg other server.

Good evening, Thanks a lot for your help, we appreciate it a bunch. Heres basically a summary of what we have (sorry Im adding some extra history as well): We have 2 Ibm Servers (Hag and Aki) that are running AIX Version 5. Each connect to a SAN device via 2 separate fiber paths. Hag seems to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix-olympics
9 Replies

4. AIX

AIX varyonvg PVMISSING

Hi all. I'm new to AIX, so... We are running a BCV process between two AIX 5 machines attached to EMC Clariion SAN. During the varyonvg portion of the BCV process, we experienced a failure due to the physical volume is marked missing (PVMISSING). What diagnostics can I run to see the missing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSFlyer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to execute varyonvg during importvg

Hello, On Aix 5.3, during importvg, the varyonvg fails: importvg -y vgtest hdisk20 0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on because there are no good copies of the descriptor area. When i use manually the command varyonvg -u -b -t vgtest to force, the vg can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
3 Replies

6. Solaris

NIS slave unable to copy the data bases

Hi, I'm learning for my Solaris 10 sys-admin part 2. I'm now trying to get nis working because for the exercise. I run in to a problem. Setup: Three Systems solaris101 (client) Nothing wrong here havent made any config changes yet. solaris102 (master server) Interfaces ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jld
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris with Soft Errors in XIV

Hi guys, I had a solaris box, with veritas controled disk. 1 disc is showing soft errors, how can I repair the soft errors? Please help. Cheers; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to copy contents

I am trying to move content of a folder usingls /backup/db_backups/INCREMENTAL/|while read file ; do mv $file /backup_LOCAL/db_backups/INCREMENTAL/ done...but when I run this command using a bash script I'm getting this error ./test.sh mv: cannot stat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
6 Replies

9. AIX

Failed Disk,unable to varyonvg

Iam new to AIX I am unable varyonvg on the vios,some of the disk are reported as harware failure. I am going to replace the disk,Please tell me how to remove the disk without any corruption in the VG lspv -l hdiskx also didn't work (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roayaix
0 Replies

10. AIX

Is my XIV device open?

Hi there, I am trying to determine if a specific XIV LUN on AIX is in OPEN or CLOSED state. I would like tthe same info as I can get from pcmpath command on v7000 LUN-s. I would need this info to find out if I can safely delete a LUN or not. I tried fuser command, but no luck. It did not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
6 Replies
RCP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp - remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rcp [-p] file1 file2 rcp [-pr] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
Rcp copies files between machines. Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form ``rhost:path'', or a local file name (containing no `:' characters, or a `/' before any `:'s). If the -r option is specified and any of the source files are directories, rcp copies each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a directory. By default, the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if it already existed; otherwise the mode of the source file modified by the umask(2) on the destination host is used. The -p option causes rcp to attempt to preserve (duplicate) in its copies the modification times and modes of the source files, ignoring the umask. If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to your login directory on rhost. A path on a remote host may be quoted (using , ", or ') so that the metacharacters are interpreted remotely. Rcp does not prompt for passwords; your current local user name must exist on rhost and allow remote command execution via rsh(1). Rcp handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine. Hostnames may also take the form ``rname@rhost'' to use rname rather than the current user name on the remote host. The destination hostname may also take the form ``rhost.rname'' to support destination machines that are running 4.2BSD versions of rcp. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ftp(1), rsh(1), rlogin(1). BUGS
Doesn't detect all cases where the target of a copy might be a file in cases where only a directory should be legal. Is confused by any output generated by commands in a .profile, or .*shrc file on the remote host. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution May 12, 1986 RCP(1)