Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To Remove multiple new lines
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users To Remove multiple new lines Post 302789837 by Yoda on Thursday 4th of April 2013 09:48:03 AM
Old 04-04-2013
There should be a blank space between OFS= and your input file name.

Or you could use:
Code:
awk '/\|$/{ORS=RS}!/\|$/{ORS=""}1' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines in multiple txt files?

Hi , I have this type of files:- BGH.28OCT2008.00000001.433155.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000002.1552361.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000003.1438355.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000004.1562602.001 Inside them contains the below: 5Discounts 6P150 - Max Total Usage RM150|-221.00 P150 EPP - Talktime RM150... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olloong
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines in the file

Hi, How to remove duplicate lines in the file. a ------ b c 24 23 a ---- c b (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove multiple set of lines in one command

is there a way with sed to removed more than one set of lines in one line? so i mean sed ${firstElem},${lastIndex}d web.xml > web1.xml this will delete lines between ${firstElem},${lastIndex} i want in the same line to do somethinkg like this (doesn't work so far) sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines from a particular string to particular string

Hi, I have a file containing the DDLs of tables in a schema. From that I need to remove all the lines from a starting string till a specific string. Here is an example. File1.txt ------------- CREATE TABLE "SCHEMA1"."LKP11_TBL_USERS" ( "ID" NUMBER(8,0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "USER_ID"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search multiple patterns and remove lines from a file?

Hi, I have a file content as below. Table : PAYR Displayed fields: 15 of 15 Fixed columns: 4 List width 0999... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirdi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines from a text file

Hi I have a text file named main.txt with 10,000 lines. I have another file with a list of line numbers (around 1000) of the lines to be deleted from main.txt file. I tried with sed but it removes only a range of line numbers. Thanks for any help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines that match pattern

Not sure how I can accomplish this. I would like to remove all interfaces that have the commands I would like to see: switchport port-security, spanning-tree portfast. One line is no problem. interface FastEthernet0/8 spanning-tree portfast interface FastEthernet0/9 spanning-tree... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove html tag which has multiple lines in SHELL?

I want to clean a html file. I try to remove the script part in the html and remove the rest of tags and empty lines. The code I try to use is the following: sed '/<script/,/<\/script>/d' webpage.html | sed -e 's/<*>//g' | sed '/^\s*$/d' > output.txt However, in this method, I can not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: YuhuiFeng
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove newline character from column spread over multiple lines in a file

Hi, I came across one issue recently where output from one of the columns of the table from where i am creating input file has newline characters hence, record in the file is spread over multiple lines. Fields in the file are separated by pipe (|) delimiter. As header will never have newline... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)