Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx recipient from mysql database Post 302789717 by ahamed101 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 05:31:11 AM
Old 04-04-2013
Did you notice the double quote in the last statement(...|mailx..) i.e. after $EMAIL_ADDRESS? is it a copy paste error or is there something wrong in the script itself?

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx recipient restriction

maybe a simple question, but i've looked around and not been able to find anything. is there a restriction on how many recipients can be used in a single mailx command? whether it's a numeric restriction or a size restriction (like 256k for the whole recipient parameter). thanks a lot. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris32680
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Recipient and Name Script

Hi To All, I have a file with email addresses, most of which have names associated with them, it looks like this: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8255/94731317.th.jpg I am trying to come up with a script to use mailx (or anything else really) to send an email to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slicker
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup a particular Database in MYSQL?

Hi All, Thanks in Advance!! How to backup a particular Databases..through Bash script!! For example i have 6 databases; Anish linux Software Questions Rhce Google these are the databases i have from that i want to take "Anish" and "questions" database backup regularly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

5. Programming

Mailx recipient from mysql database

Dear All, Can I make Mailx to read recipient address from a mysql database? I already tried emailing with bash script: SUBJECT="TEST" export EMAIL_ADDRESS=`mysql -uroot -pabcde smsd -e "SELECT email FROM recipient"` mysql -uroot -pabcde smsd -e "SELECT ID, SenderName, Body FROM inbox" |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache users from MySQL database

Hi team, How can I implement a users in MySQL database for Apache users, assuming that I'm using RHEL6. That is to say, how can I design this database and how let's Apache server know those user in this database. Thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
3 Replies
App::Nopaste::Command(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				App::Nopaste::Command(3pm)

NAME
App::Nopaste::Command - command-line utility for App::Nopaste nopaste - command-line utility to nopaste DESCRIPTION
This application will take some text on STDIN and give you a URL on STDOUT. You may also specify files as arguments, they will be concatenated together into one large nopaste. OPTIONS
-d, --desc The one line description of your paste. The default is usually the first few characters of your text. -n, --name Your nickname, usually displayed with the paste. Default: $NOPASTE_NICK then $USER. -l, --lang The language of the nopaste. The values accepted depend on the nopaste service. There is no mapping done yet. Default: perl. -c, --chan The channel for the nopaste, not always relevant. Usually tied to a pastebot in that channel which will announce your paste. -s, --services The nopaste services to try, in order. You may also specify this in $NOPASTE_SERVICES (space-separated list of service names, e.g. "Shadowcat Gist"). -L, --list List available nopaste services. -x, --copy If specified, automatically copy the URL to your clipboard, using the Clipboard module. -p, --paste If specified, use only the clipboard as input, using the Clipboard module. -o, --open If specified, automatically open the URL using Browser::Open. Browser::Open tries a number of different browser commands depending on your OS. --private If specified, the paste access will be restricted to those that know the URL. -q, --quiet If specified, do not warn or complain about broken services. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-26 App::Nopaste::Command(3pm)