Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing line with name:value pairs in shell script Post 302789463 by shamrock on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 05:03:31 PM
Old 04-03-2013
What is your OS?
This User Gave Thanks to shamrock For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing text from one line with shell scripts

Hi Gurus! I wonder if anyone can help me, I'm sure you guys can. I have a text file which contains a lot of data on the one line as follows: $ What I need to do is pull all of those id values out (eg 2549425) and write them to a list in a text file. Any help would be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: th3g0bl1n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a line in Shell Script

I have record line somthing like below with first line showing char spacing not real record line 1 | 2 | 3rd Field--------------|-4th field--| This is charcatersapcing of line DF20000000000000000130.7890000000750 I shoudl get two line from above line 1st line should 1 | 2 | 3rd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unishiva
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching Pairs with AWK or Shell

Hello, I have a file Pairs.txt composed of 3 columns. For simplicity, this is the file: A B C B D W X Y Z Z W K B A C Y J Q F M P Y X Z I am trying to reduce the file such that I only keep the first occurrence of any "pair". In the example above, I would only want to keep one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a delimited Key value pairs in shell script

Hello, I have property file with key value pairs separated by pipe , I am trying to write a script which reads the property file and search and print value of specific key. I tried with Sed, I am successfull. The file is as follows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANK
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing using shell script

I have a file parameters.txt which contains 151524 151525 I have another file OID.csv which contains NE Version Object Type ID SDK param name Object OID test1 Start: 4.2 End: 4.2 pan 151524 speed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a command line parameter in script

I have a simple script that builds a complex program call which passes a number of parameters to the program. I'm trying to enhance the script to include the value of the command line parameter in the name of a file being created. The problem I'm having is that the parameter may include a forward... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmax626
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate Two Line Pairs?

So I have a bunch of files that look like this >gi|33332323 MMKCRGVIMVVEKVMKRDGRIVPFDESRIRWAVQ--- >gi|45235353 MMKCR----VEKMRDVFFDESIRWAVQ They go on...sequences are much longer but all in two line (fasta) format. I want to remove duplicate pairs of ID(GI) number and sequence. I tried... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakere19
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Command Line Arguments In C shell script

]I have a string like "/abc/cmind/def/pq/IC.2.4.6_main.64b/lnx86" and this string is given by user. But in this string instead of 64b user may passed 32 b an i need to parse this string and check wether its is 32b or 64 b and according to it i want to set appropriate flags. How will i do this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: codecatcher
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File w/ many line pairs--how do I order based on 1st lines only?

I have a file in which the data is stored in pairs of lines. The first line (beginining with ">") is a header, the second line is a sequence. I would like to sort the file by species name. Desired output for the example file: I can use sort -t'_' -k2 to alphabetize headers in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD