Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for a pattern and extracting records related to that pattern Post 302788183 by danish0909 on Monday 1st of April 2013 07:18:45 AM
Old 04-01-2013
Dear Rudic,

Every sample fixed pattern like (CCRC_28778426), there are hundreds of such fixed patters, has a OCGWRequest paragraph and a OCGWResponse paragraph in a log file. Using the fixed pattern/s, I have to search its related Request and Response paragraph and when I get those I have to print the timestamp which is mentioned above the lines

In request paragraph:
Quote:
FINE: Incoming request from: XMLMQ inputType
In response paragraph:
Quote:
FINE: Outgoing response to XMLMQ_RESPONSE
Hope this clears the confusion. Please let me know if you require any more clarification.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pattern searching using C

i think grep can only find char in files matching a pattern without any wildcards like ? correct? It works with * but not ?. how can i write a small c program to find words in a file, like a list, that matches a pattern like ma?y, b??con, etc if grep doesn't understand ? in a pattern search. if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giannicello
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern searching pattern in c files

I have a problem in searching a specific pattern in c files. My requirement: I have to find all the division operator in all cfiles. The problem is, the multi line comments and single line comments will also have forward slash in it. Even after avoiding these comments also, if both... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthybptl
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching for a pattern

can anybode tell me ? I want to search for a pattern present in a whole directory and subdirectories's files containg " crat" I tried grep -r "crat" */* ; is it right ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a pattern in file and deleting th ewhole line containing the pattern

Hi All, Please can someone assist in the script I have made that searches a pattern in a file and delete the whole line containing the pattern. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read value # check if the user has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern

How do I search for a pattern - N/A in a particular column using awk? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rabiu
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern searching

Hi, I need small help from you people. In a directory there are around 150 odd files and few them contain the word "TRACK" and few are not. How can I find out the the list of those files which doesn't contain the word "TRACK"? Thanks, Siba (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Searching and extracting records

Hello, I have a file with DNA sequences and I want to extract some records by searching them with a word in it and then write the whole record into another file. I am new to perl and having trouble to extract the whole record. Instead I am only able to write the line that contains the word. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorngill
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching pattern in VI

in my file i have somthing likre kpk_12 kpk_1 kpk_1.tcl kpk_3.tcl kpk kpk kpk i want search only kpk i am using this cmd /kpk ...results it is showing all . any cmd is ther other then this to search exactword in this example kpk it shoulsnot show kpk_* etc Thanks in Advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels(3)				Programmer's Manual			       fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels(3)

NAME
fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels - get bidi embedding levels of a paragraph SYNOPSIS
#include <fribidi.h> FriBidiLevel fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels ( const FriBidiCharType *bidi_types, const FriBidiStrIndex len, FriBidiParType *pbase_dir, FriBidiLevel *embedding_levels ); PARAMETERS
const FriBidiCharType *bidi_types Input list of bidi types as returned by fribidi_get_bidi_types(). Possible values for a const FriBidiCharType are as follows: FRIBIDI_TYPE_LTR Left-To-Right letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RTL Right-To-Left letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_AL Arabic Letter. FRIBIDI_TYPE_EN European Numeral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_AN Arabic Numeral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ES European number Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ET European number Terminator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_CS Common Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_NSM Non Spacing Mark. FRIBIDI_TYPE_BN Boundary Neutral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_BS Block Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_SS Segment Separator. FRIBIDI_TYPE_WS WhiteSpace. FRIBIDI_TYPE_ON Other Neutral. FRIBIDI_TYPE_LRE Left-to-Right Embedding. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RLE Right-to-Left Embedding. FRIBIDI_TYPE_LRO Left-to-Right Override. FRIBIDI_TYPE_RLO Right-to-Left Override. FRIBIDI_TYPE_PDF Pop Directional Flag. const FriBidiStrIndex len Input string length of the paragraph. FriBidiParType *pbase_dir Requested and resolved paragraph base direction. Possible values for a FriBidiParType are as follows: FRIBIDI_PAR_LTR Left-To-Right paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_RTL Right-To-Left paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_ON DirectiOn-Neutral paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_WLTR Weak Left To Right paragraph. FRIBIDI_PAR_WRTL Weak Right To Left paragraph. FriBidiLevel *embedding_levels Output list of embedding levels. DESCRIPTION
This function finds the bidi embedding levels of a single paragraph, as defined by the Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm available at http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/. This function implements rules P2 to I1 inclusive, and parts 1 to 3 of L1, except for rule X9 which is implemented in fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(). Part 4 of L1 is implemented in fribidi_reorder_line(). There are a few macros defined in fribidi-bidi-types.h to work with this embedding levels. RETURNS
Maximum level found plus one, or zero if any error occured (memory allocation failure most probably). SEE ALSO
fribidi_charset_to_unicode(3), fribidi_unicode_to_charset(3), fribidi_parse_charset(3), fribidi_shape_arabic(3), fribidi_get_par_direc- tion(3), fribidi_reorder_line(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type(3), fribidi_get_bidi_types(3), fribidi_get_bidi_type_name(3), fribidi_debug_sta- tus(3), fribidi_mirroring_status(3), fribidi_set_mirroring(3), fribidi_reorder_nsm_status(3), fribidi_set_reorder_nsm(3), fribidi_log2vis_get_embedding_levels(3), fribidi_get_type(3), fribidi_get_type_internal(3), fribidi_remove_bidi_marks(3), fribidi_log2vis(3), fribidi_join_arabic(3), fribidi_get_joining_type(3), fribidi_get_joining_types(3), fribidi_get_joining_type_name(3), fribidi_get_mirror_char(3), fribidi_shape_mirroring(3), fribidi_shape(3) GNU FriBidi 0.19.2 30 January 2006 fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels(3)