Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Type 7043-150 does not boot
Operating Systems AIX Type 7043-150 does not boot Post 302787855 by MichaelFelt on Sunday 31st of March 2013 01:55:52 PM
Old 03-31-2013
it is possible that 5.3 is not booting with firmware from 1999.

At the moment I am replacing a fan on my 43P-140 - so maybe I should liik for newer firmware as well (although this system will never go farther that 5.1).

My first suggestion, thus, is to see if you know anyone who as an older version of AIX - 4.3.3 would be best considering the firmware.

2 5G disks - and firmware from 99 - was a bigish system in it's prime! Smilie

---------- Post updated at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:58 PM ----------

When you go to the fixcentral site, there is also a DOS format, that is packaged as a .EXE.

I believe this creates a floppy that can be used to boot and update the system.

If it does not boot, then it is press F1 while booting (or ASCII character 1 when using serial port).

e.g., this .EXE may be what you need: 7043150I.EXE

Hope this helps! (as I am going to do the same, but for the 43P-140 as I mentioned above)

---------- Post updated at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:02 PM ----------

Two problems with the .EXE file.

No longer compatible with a modern version of windows; who has a floppy drive these days - to write the output to? Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make 150 directories

Hi, I look for a script to create 150 directories : d000 d001 d002 ... ... d149 would you help me please ? I think it would be for i mkdir d$i Many thanks. PS : #uname -a AIX fserver 3 5 0050691A4C00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

3. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

length between 100 and 150

how to locate lines longer than 100 and smaller than 150 characters using sed and grep??? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_red_devils
7 Replies

5. Solaris

TTY Issue with Sunblade 150

I purchased a Sunblade 150 from Ebay. It had 512MB RAM and 80GB hard disk. I recently purchased additional RAM and another 80GB disk, and installed them. The RAM goes through POST without issues. I just can't get beyond the OK prompt. I am using the serial console. I have been unable to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekasaurus
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 wont boot off cdrom

Hello, Ive just aquired a blade 150 off ebay.Im new to suns and are having a problem getting it to boot off the cdrom.Openboot continuously tries to do a network boot and I cant enter any commands.Im using an average pc keyboard and it definetly works.Thanks for any help.:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 will not boot off harddrive after install of solaris 10

Hello, I cant get my blade box to boot off the harddrive after installing solaris 10.I can get to a root prompt after issuing "boot cdrom -s".I tried booting off disk0 and disk1,but I get "the file just loaded does not seem to be executable".Thanks for any help.:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
4 Replies
nvram(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  nvram(8)

NAME
nvram - manipulate firmware NVRAM variables SYNOPSIS
nvram [ -p ] [ -f filename ] [ -d name ] [ -c ] [ name [= value ]] ... DESCRIPTION
The nvram command allows manipulation of firmware NVRAM variables. It can be used to get or set a variable. It can also be used to print all of the variables or set a list of variables from a file. Changes to NVRAM variables are only saved by clean restart or shutdown. In principle, name can be any string. In practice, not all strings will be accepted. New World machines can create new variables as desired. Some variables require administrator privilege to get or set. The given value must match the data type required for name. Binary data can be set using the %xx notation, where xx is the hex value of the byte. The type for new variables is always binary data. OPTIONS
-d name Deletes the named firmware variable. -f filename Set firmware variables from a text file. The file must be a list of "name value" statements. The first space on each line is taken to be the separator between "name" and "value". If the last character of a line is , the value extends to the next line. -x Use XML format for reading and writing variables. This option must be used before the -p or -f options, since arguments are pro- cessed in order. -c Delete all of the firmware variables. -p Print all of the firmware variables. EXAMPLES
example% nvram boot-args="-s rd=*hd:10" Set the boot-args variable to "-s rd=*hd:10". This would specify single user mode with the root device in hard drive partition 10. example% nvram my-variable="String One%00String Two%00%00" Create a new variable, my-variable, containing a list of two C-strings that is terminated by a NUL. example% nvram -d my-variable Deletes the variable named my-variable. October 28, 2003 nvram(8)