Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grepping a word from a .xml file Post 302787295 by PikK45 on Friday 29th of March 2013 06:28:32 AM
Old 03-29-2013
I believe there would be more chances to cut the field after "=" with different name.

I would suggest,

Code:
echo "<head = power_health>
<head = power>
<head = test>" | sed -n 's/<head = \(.*\)>/\1/p'

Last edited by PikK45; 03-29-2013 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Missed out "head" ;)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Grepping/sedding/etc out part of a file... (from one word to 'blank' line)

I have a file that lists data about a system. It has a part that can look like: the errors I'm looking for with other errors: Alerts Password Incorrect Login Error Another Error Another Error 2 Other Info or, just the errors I need to parse for: Alerts Password Incorrect ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinenbe
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word in a xml file and print the out put

hi , i m having a html file and this file looks like this <ssl> <name>PIA</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <listen-port>39370</listen-port> </ssl> <log> <name>PIA</name> </log> <execute-queue> <name>weblogic.kernel.Default</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for word in a xml file and replace it with something else

Hello Unix Users, I am very new to Unix so I am not sure how do I do the following. I need a script such that when I type the following in the command prompt > . scriptName.sh wordToBeReplaced DirectoryLocation will find the word someword located in a somefile.xml in DirectoryLocation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5211171
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping word based on white space.....

Hi, I am having a text file with following contents: word word I want to grep the first line i.e. word that is being preceded with three space characters. So i tried sed -n '/ {3}/p' filename grep " {3}" filename But is not returning any result. If i don't use {}, then it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

word counts for a single line xml file

I have any XML ouput file(file name TABLE.xml), where the data is loaded in A SINGLE LINE, I need help in writting a ksh shell script which gives me the word counts of word <TABLE-ROW> This is my input file. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!--Generated by Ascential Software... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pred55
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping more than one word

Dear Experts, Need your help. Typically we use "grep" to search and display a pattern in a txt file. However, here what we want is, we want to grep a line which contains 4 words any where in a line. For example. File has 10,000,000 lines in it out of which there is a particular line which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a word and move it a specific location in xml file using perl?

Hi friends, I have one XML file having below structure :- INput XML file :- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <START> <A=value1> <attr name1="a1"> </A> <B=value2> <attr name2="b1"> <attr name3="c1"> </B> </START> output xml file should be === (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping a word from a .xml file dynamically

Hi I have the xml file as <Head="Test" Id="3" > <Title="mode" > I have used the code to grep the words "Test" and "mode" as Head=`cat file.xml | grep "Head" | awk -F "=" '{print $2}' | awk -F " " '{print $1}'` Tilte=`cat file.xml | grep "Title" | awk -F "=" '{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)