Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rename file to kanji -- Solaris Post 302787099 by DGPickett on Thursday 28th of March 2013 04:16:53 PM
Old 03-28-2013
You have a kanji displaying terminal setup? Feed the output to od -bc (well, I am too much an octal guy, but something like that) to see what is coming out, compared to what is in the file.

(No Hiragana or Katakana?)

Is this UTF8, UNICODE, EUC, ja : Encodings of Japanese

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with multiple file rename - change case of part of file name

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem : I have a directory (/var/www/file/imgprofil) which contains about 10000 JPG files. They have a naming convention thus : prefix-date-key-suffix.jpg they all have the prefix p-20050608- then AAAA is a 4 letter code the suffix is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve7
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename file based on first 3 characters of data in file

I'm looking to determine if I can use a grep command to read file and rename the file based on the first 3 characters of the data in the file. An example is: Read FileA If the first 3 positions of the data in the file are "ITP", then rename the file as FileA_ITP, else if the first 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jchappel
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required for Kanji characters in UNIX

Hi, I have a flat file containing Japanese(Kanji) characters.When I open it in my desktop it still shows up in Kanji characters. However when I FTP the file to Unix server , the kanji characters are lost and they turn into Junk characters. Can anyone suggest ways in how I can retain the Kanji... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: papiya
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ld.so.1 rename

Why should you never rename ld.so.1 on a Solaris server? if you were going to replace ld.so.1, how can you do it safely? Please reply me soon. Thanks, Alberto (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alberto
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem - rename the partition

Hi all i got this filesystem Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 492G 64M 487G 1% /u10 How do i change the name for /dev/dsk/c0t600A0B80001F350A000033404A5D29D9d0s2 to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to paste Kanji Characters into a Unix File

Hi, I am unable to copy Kanji characters into a unix file. They look like special characters when pasted into the Unix file. My objective is to copy these characters into a unix file and be able to print it and see the Kanji characters. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrussw
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for specific values in a file and rename file with value found

Hi, i have a file with some data ..look for some specific value in the file and if found that value rename the file with the value found in the file.. ex.. File.txt 1236 43715825601ANDERSSON, 1236 437158256031963040120060901200609010000000 1236 43715825604123 MCCL AVE UPPER 1236 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Rename output file, after processing, same as input file

I have one input file ABC.txt and one output DEF.txt. After the ABC is processed and created output, I want to rename ABC.txt to ABC.orig and DEF to ABC.txt. Currently when I am doing this, it does not process the input file as it cannot read and write to the same file. How can I achieve this? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to copy file 3 times and rename based on another file

In the below bash I am trying to copy the only text file (always only one) in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/list/QC/metrics.txt and rename each of the 3 text files according to /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/list.txt using lines 3, 4 ,5. This format (that is list.txt) is always 5 lines. Thank you :). ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies
wctrans_ja(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					    wctrans_ja(3C)

NAME
wctrans_ja - Wide character conversion for the Japanese locale SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> wctrans_t wctrans(const char *property); DESCRIPTION
wctrans() builds values in wctrans_t data type according to the specification with the property argument to allow conversion between wide characters. towctrans() is used for actual conversion. wctrans() returns arguments that towctrans() needs to use. The following character class names are defined in every locale. tolower toupper In addition to the above, the Japanese locale (ja, ja_JP.PCK and ja_JP.UTF-8) defines the following character classes specific to the Japa- nese locale. tojhira tojkata tojisx0208 tojisx0201 These can be also used as property arguments to wctrans(). However, the use of these classes are limited to applications for the Japanese locale only. tolower Specifies conversion to lowercase alphabet wide characters. toupper Specifies conversion to uppercase alphabet wide characters. tojhira Specifies conversion of JIS X 0208 Katakana to Hiragana. tojkata Specifies conversion of JIS X 0208 Hiragana to Katakana. tojisx0208 Specifies conversion of JIS X 0201 Roman character graphic set or Katakana character graphic set to the associated JIS X 0208 characters. tojisx0201 Specifies conversion of JIS X 0208 characters to the associated JIS X 0201 Roman character graphic set or Katakana charac- ter graphic set. EXAMPLE
The following shows an example to convert a wide character wc to Hiragana. towctrans(wc, wctrans("tojhira")) SEE ALSO
towctrans(3C), wctrans(3C), wctype_ja(3C), jconv(3X), PCK(5), eucJP(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Jan 2003 wctrans_ja(3C)