Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Egrep not working with -f option Post 302786913 by siramitsharma on Thursday 28th of March 2013 11:41:33 AM
Old 03-28-2013
I tried using awk as well but that too failed. I read the second file & then started comparing the 5th & 6th column which is the actual requirement for checking.

Code:
while read line
do
BLACK[$counter]=$line
counter = `expr $counter + 1`
done <FILE2

Code:
awk 'NR==FNR {for(count=5;countt<=6;count++)
if($count in BLACK) print
}
' FS="," OFS=",' FILE1

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-28-2013 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep -e not working...!

:cool: fedora core 2 version 2.6.8-1.521 gnu/linux the last version of redhat that I was working with linux 8.0 a special version that came with a book.. on this version and on spider tools linux 0.9 the second version I worked with.. when i envoked egrep -e from file1 to file2 I would get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working?

How can I use the 'ps' command to view current sessions but only for a given process/user, with the -u parm? In older versions of Unix, this used to work, but not in Sun Solaris. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-d option not working...

:confused: In the following, when I enter a valid, existing directory,why am I getting Not Found when the Dir DOES exist? read auser echo "You entered $auser" wait 2 cd /home if then echo "Dir Exists" sleep 2 else echo "/home/$auser Not Found" sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep with |, only second option matches

hey cat links.html | egrep "<title>" works cat links.html | egrep "<link rel" works too, but: cat links.html | egrep "<title> | <link rel" (only shows the matches of '<link rel') and cat links.html | egrep "<link rel | <title>" (only shows the matches of '<title>') don't work :( i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarelVH
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

who command option not working

Running HP 11.31 on a HP3600. But when I log in as a user the who command works but if I use an option like "who -m" I get nothing. Any thoughts on what is causing this problem. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMRWHUNTER
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching a regex using egrep not working

Hi, I'm trying to validate if a string matches a regular expression, but it is not working. Am I missing something? Do I need to scape any of the characters? if echo 'en-GB' | egrep '({1,8})(-{1,8})*' >/dev/null; then echo Valid value fi Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skrtxao
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

~c is not working properly with -r option

Hi There, --------- file1 ------- ~c asd@ac.com -------------- Now i am using below command cat file1|mailx -s " testing" -r " My Name" abc@tech.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapan Sharma
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

-v and -f option for grep not working

In solaris, i m trying to find the files having a particulat extension and then from the list i want to exclude those files which is present in a file. But it seems the -f and -v option are not working find $source -type f -name $extn | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -F -v -f $exclude | while read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
7 Replies

9. AIX

SQLPLUS -S option not working

Hi All, I am using the following script to run some sql on database but i am not getting the result. When i tried the same by removing "-s" option it is working fine but getting other things as well with my input as shown below. Can anyone please suggest why "-s" option is not working in AIX and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Egrep command is not working for me

my file is below REREGISTER is something to Failed to create the request Failed to create the request in not easy I know how REREGISTERcommand i run is egrep 'REREGISTER|Failed|to|create|the|request' test1 expected output REREGISTER is something to Failed to create the request i should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies
CounterFile(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  CounterFile(3pm)

NAME
File::CounterFile - Persistent counter class SYNOPSIS
use File::CounterFile; $c = File::CounterFile->new("COUNTER", "aa00"); $id = $c->inc; open(F, ">F$id"); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a persistent counter class. Each counter is represented by a separate file in the file system. File locking is applied, so multiple processes can attempt to access a counter simultaneously without risk of counter destruction. You give the file name as the first parameter to the object constructor ("new"). The file is created if it does not exist. If the file name does not start with "/" or ".", then it is interpreted as a file relative to $File::CounterFile::DEFAULT_DIR. The default value for this variable is initialized from the environment variable "TMPDIR", or /usr/tmp if no environment variable is defined. You may want to assign a different value to this variable before creating counters. If you pass a second parameter to the constructor, it sets the initial value for a new counter. This parameter only takes effect when the file is created (i.e. it does not exist before the call). When you call the "inc()" method, you increment the counter value by one. When you call "dec()", the counter value is decremented. In both cases the new value is returned. The "dec()" method only works for numerical counters (digits only). You can peek at the value of the counter (without incrementing it) by using the "value()" method. The counter can be locked and unlocked with the "lock()" and "unlock()" methods. Incrementing and value retrieval are faster when the counter is locked, because we do not have to update the counter file all the time. You can query whether the counter is locked with the "locked()" method. There is also an operator overloading interface to the File::CounterFile object. This means that you can use the "++" operator for incrementing and the "--" operator for decrementing the counter, and you can interpolate counters directly into strings. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-1998,2002,2003 Gisle Aas. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.10.0 2004-01-23 CounterFile(3pm)