Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution problem with the FTP shellscript Post 302786723 by PikK45 on Thursday 28th of March 2013 05:39:09 AM
Old 03-28-2013
This is what I found

553 - Requested action not taken. File name not allowed. ---> Change the file name or delete spaces/special characters in the file name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp in Shellscript

Can I do something like this from a shellscript ?: ftp 12.34.56.78 <<! username password put a.c bye ! It does not go through as the login fails. Is there any alternative to do the above requirement? Thanks in advance. Gowrish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggowrish
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shellscript execution context - exit statement

Hi all, Could someone please explain to me the shell invocation process when running a script. How do I stop the shell from logging out when it reaches an exit statement in the script? if ; then echo 'Failed to copy ${FILE}.fmx to ${J2_HOME}/dev/rsc' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richgi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shellscript problem

hI, Pls consider the following shell script #!/bin/csh -f sqlplus tkyte/tkyte <<"EOF" > tmp.csh set serveroutput on declare a number:=5; begin dbms_output.put_line( 'a:='||a ); end; / spool off "EOF" The above script does the followin 1)it connects... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Problem in Shellscript

Hi, i have a problem with sed i want to substitude a / to ",""," in the following pattern: number/number so if u have a file which contains -> "Streetname 9/8/6" it shouldn't substitude anything, only if it is "Streetname 9/6" to "Streetname 9","","6". Maybe you can help me, i try so many... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urukai
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi i am using expect module and trying to login using following code. ssh 127.0.0.1 expect "word:" send "$password \n" kindly let me know the login script using expect module (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esumiba
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi I am automating my few commands out of which one command is tail -f running.logs when i run this command it does not automatically exit and show prompt (#) what would i do so that it will exit out automatically after few seconds and move to the next command without using ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

HI I am trying to check the status of port using command /code: netstat -an | grep port /Output: *.2009 *.* 0 0 65535 0 LISTEN what i am trying to do is i want to grep only status Wether the port is established/listen if so show ok else... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

Hi, I have been trying to run a simple script CONFIG_FILE="/jay/check" . . . for i in `cat $CONFIG_FILE` do loc=`echo $i | cut -d "|" -f2` var=$(find $loc -mtime -1|wc -l) if then echo $loc has files older than 1 day fi done . . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayii
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem

How to search a pattern from multiple files... i used the command suppose the pattern name is xxx grep xxx (file1-o- file2-o- file3) Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies
avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)

NAME
avahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script SYNOPSIS
/home/lennart/tmp/avahi/etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action DESCRIPTION
avahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration. PARAMETERS
argv[1] Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list. argv[2] The IP address of the DNS server. argv[3] Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on. argv[4] Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6) ENVIRONMENT
AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv[3]. (e.g. "eth0") AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces. AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-dnsconfd(8), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-dnsconfd.action(8)