Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] awk to remove lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] awk to remove lines Post 302786647 by Yoda on Thursday 28th of March 2013 12:36:20 AM
Old 03-28-2013
Code:
awk '/2013/ && /tttaa/ || !/^</' file

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all blank lines in shell or awk.

Hi there, I want to trim space between lines in unix. I have a file named abc.txt with 2,00,000 lines.But useful are only a few. Please tell me how to delete the blank lines.:o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys, I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate lines using awk

Hi, I came to know that using awk '!x++' removes the duplicate lines. Can anyone please explain the above syntax. I want to understand how the above awk syntax removes the duplicates. Thanks in advance, sudvishw :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
7 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk calculating between lines

Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this... I want to read input.dat line by line, while doing a simple calculation between the second column value of the current line and the second column value of the next line (like a difference). input is something like this: 0 3.945757 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: origamisven
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] remove lines that have duplicate values in column two

Hi, I've got a file that I'd like to uniquely sort based on column 2 (values in column 2 begin with "comp"). I tried sort -t -nuk2,3 file.txtBut got: sort: multi-character tab `-nuk2,3' "man sort" did not help me out Any pointers? Input: Output: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How remove leading whitespace from xml (sed /awk?)

Hi again I have an xml file and want to remove the leading white space as it causes me issues later in my script I see sed is possible but cant seem to get it to work I tried sed 's/^ *//' file.xml output <xn:VsDataContainer id="1U104799" modifier="update"> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniquebmx
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Question: How to remove lines in which $3 == $1 +4

Hi all, I am trying to delete all lines from a file in which the value in 'column 3' is not the value of 'column 1' + 4. The code below that I tried doesn't work. awk '$3 == $1 + 4 {print}' input > output Example Input:- 1 xxx 2 3 xxx 26 4 xxx 8 2 xxx 9 7 xxx 11 (input file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: livbaddeley
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from output in files using awk

I have two large files (~250GB) that I am trying to remove the where GT: 0/0 or 1/1 or 2/2 for both files. I was going to use a bash with the below awk, which I think will find each line but how do I remove that line is that condition is found? Thank you :). Input 20 60055 . A ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
JOIN(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   JOIN(1)

NAME
join - relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [ options ] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
Join forms, on the standard output, a join of the two relations specified by the lines of file1 and file2. If file1 is `-', the standard input is used. File1 and file2 must be sorted in increasing ASCII collating sequence on the fields on which they are to be joined, normally the first in each line. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 that have identical join fields. The output line normally con- sists of the common field, then the rest of the line from file1, then the rest of the line from file2. Fields are normally separated by blank, tab or newline. In this case, multiple separators count as one, and leading separators are dis- carded. These options are recognized: -an In addition to the normal output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file n, where n is 1 or 2. -e s Replace empty output fields by string s. -jn m Join on the mth field of file n. If n is missing, use the mth field in each file. -o list Each output line comprises the fields specified in list, each element of which has the form n.m, where n is a file number and m is a field number. -tc Use character c as a separator (tab character). Every appearance of c in a line is significant. SEE ALSO
sort(1), comm(1), awk(1) BUGS
With default field separation, the collating sequence is that of sort -b; with -t, the sequence is that of a plain sort. The conventions of join, sort, comm, uniq, look and awk(1) are wildly incongruous. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 JOIN(1)