Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] awk to remove lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] awk to remove lines Post 302786303 by giri_luck on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 08:03:12 AM
Old 03-27-2013
[Solved] awk to remove lines

Hi,

I have a file with contents.

file1:
Code:
<2013 tttaaa
abc123
<2013 gggdddd
<2013 sssssss
<2013 eeeee

I need to remove the lines which do not have the word "tttaaa"

can some one help ?

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-27-2013 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all blank lines in shell or awk.

Hi there, I want to trim space between lines in unix. I have a file named abc.txt with 2,00,000 lines.But useful are only a few. Please tell me how to delete the blank lines.:o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove lines before and after with awk / sed ?

Hi guys, I need to remove the pattern (ID=180), one line before and four lines after. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashimada
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate lines using awk

Hi, I came to know that using awk '!x++' removes the duplicate lines. Can anyone please explain the above syntax. I want to understand how the above awk syntax removes the duplicates. Thanks in advance, sudvishw :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudvishw
7 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk calculating between lines

Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this... I want to read input.dat line by line, while doing a simple calculation between the second column value of the current line and the second column value of the next line (like a difference). input is something like this: 0 3.945757 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: origamisven
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] remove lines that have duplicate values in column two

Hi, I've got a file that I'd like to uniquely sort based on column 2 (values in column 2 begin with "comp"). I tried sort -t -nuk2,3 file.txtBut got: sort: multi-character tab `-nuk2,3' "man sort" did not help me out Any pointers? Input: Output: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How remove leading whitespace from xml (sed /awk?)

Hi again I have an xml file and want to remove the leading white space as it causes me issues later in my script I see sed is possible but cant seem to get it to work I tried sed 's/^ *//' file.xml output <xn:VsDataContainer id="1U104799" modifier="update"> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniquebmx
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Question: How to remove lines in which $3 == $1 +4

Hi all, I am trying to delete all lines from a file in which the value in 'column 3' is not the value of 'column 1' + 4. The code below that I tried doesn't work. awk '$3 == $1 + 4 {print}' input > output Example Input:- 1 xxx 2 3 xxx 26 4 xxx 8 2 xxx 9 7 xxx 11 (input file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: livbaddeley
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from output in files using awk

I have two large files (~250GB) that I am trying to remove the where GT: 0/0 or 1/1 or 2/2 for both files. I was going to use a bash with the below awk, which I think will find each line but how do I remove that line is that condition is found? Thank you :). Input 20 60055 . A ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
ZDIFF(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZDIFF(1)

NAME
zcmp, zdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
zcmp [ cmp_options ] file1 [ file2 ] zdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Zcmp and zdiff are used to invoke the cmp or the diff program on files compressed via gzip. All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only file1 is specified, it is compared to the uncompressed contents of file1.gz. If two files are specified, their con- tents (uncompressed if necessary) are fed to cmp or diff. The input files are not modified. The exit status from cmp or diff is pre- served. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), zmore(1), zgrep(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp or diff programs may refer to file names such as "-" instead of to the file names specified. ZDIFF(1)