Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Serial file transfer protocol / checksums Post 302786189 by nidal on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 04:47:21 AM
Old 03-27-2013
First thanks for reply Mr DGP,
I will give you more details about the hardware and the transmission:

The link between the PC and the board is an UART link, in the board side its in TTL 3.3v so there is no RTS CTS... just a header of 4 pins, RX,TX and GND already connected, and a VCC pin used as polarization of 3.3v of external link adapter if in need.
In my case the PC side connected by serial port to an adapter that converts the rs232 RX and TX to TTL 3.3v low level, the only weak point is that the adapter gets its polarization from two pins of the rs232 i forgot which ones i guess RTS and CTS. but still not enought reason to fear becoz its already operational in the linux PC as it is, and same that i used the link with the windows PC for TESTMODE purpose (another project) and it worked fine.

I cant get enought informations from the manufacturer but i think its a full duplex mode coz it responds to the minimum of full duplex needs ( RX TX and GND) and there is a part of the spying that shows that the communication can be full:

Quote:
COM B, Temps: 19249 ms
48 H

COM A, Temps: 19249 ms
48 H

00 .

00 .

7D }

F9 ù
And yes you though right, its 8 bits no parity with 1 stop bit, with a checksum (as i assumed in the headers that i talked about) i guess parity is not needed if we already check data well reception by that checksum, and by the way it gives the right checksum for the first kbyte of data as i said.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File transfer using Zmodem protocol

can anybody guide me how do i initiate file transfer over modem using zmodem protocol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borntorock
0 Replies

2. SCO

Serial File Transfer

I need to transfer files from a sco/unix system to a windows xp system and they are only connected via a digiboard serial connection. The terminal emulation software connects and runs a program but I need to transfer files. Anyone know a good solution? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chansen
2 Replies

3. Programming

how i can transfer and receive file in any format over serial port

helo i m using fedora core 6 o.s. i want to develop application using c,c++ which transfer file in any format(like pdf,txt,doc etc) over the serial port and i want to receive the same file from the serial port please guide me. amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Secure File Transfer Protocol

Hi, Is there any protocol other than SFTP to transfer the file using secured connection SSH. ? Regards, Arthik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthikbabu
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

SFTP Protocol: How to transfer the file in PC Format

Hi, We are facing issue with files transfered using SFTP in Hp-UX. The transfered files are in Unix Format. That is, file format as UNIX (LF) instead of a PC format (CR & LF). How can we achieve file transfers as PC format using SFTP? Your help and input will be highly appreciated. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i transfer file using ftp protocol in Linux.

Hi , I want to transfer file using ftp protocol . I m using following linux distribution. LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: OracleVMserver Description: Oracle VM server release 2.2.0 Release: 2.2.0 Codename: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

7. SCO

Need some advice concerning file transfer with a serial connection

Hi, I have a SCO Unix ver 5.0.7 from which I need to get some files. The problem is that I'm working remotely (have no physical access) and using Dejawin because this server is only has a serial connection to a Windows machine. Ucopy isn't on the server. What I was thinking is to do a print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartanboy184
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using AWK over serial port

I have a unix system that only has AWK to program with which hooks up to a windows or linux based system with all progamming and software capabilities. The link between the systems is typically a 9600 baud TTY port on the AWK system and COM1 on the other system. I can cat <filenm> from the unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobfrog
4 Replies
tftp(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tftp(1)

NAME
tftp - trivial file transfer program SYNOPSIS
val] val] [host [port]] DESCRIPTION
is the user interface to the Internet TFTP (Trivial File Transfer Protocol), that allows users to transfer files to and from a remote machine. The remote host can be specified on the command line, in which case uses host as the default host for future transfers (see the command below). Note now conforms to the RFCs: 2347, 2348, and 2349. Options supports the following new options: Set the block size option for data transfer, in octets. See command for more information. Set the use of transfer size option. See command for more information. Set the retransmission timeout option, in seconds. See command for more information. Commands Once is running, it issues the prompt and recognizes the following commands: Set the host (and optionally port) for transfers. Note that the TFTP protocol, unlike the FTP protocol, does not maintain con- nections between transfers; thus, the command does not actually create a connection, but merely remembers what host is to be used for transfers. You do not have to use the command; the remote host can be specified as part of the or com- mands. Set the mode for transfers; transfer-mode can be one of or (default is Put a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory. The destination can be in one of two forms: a filename on the remote host if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the hostname spec- ified becomes the default for future transfers. If the remote-directory form is used, the remote host is assumed to be a UNIX-like machine. To invoke the command with an IPv6 address, the IPv6 address must be enclosed in a pair of square brackets Get a file or set of files from the specified sources. source can be in one of two forms: a filename on the remote host if the host has already been specified, or a string of the form to specify both a host and filename at the same time. If the latter form is used, the last hostname specified becomes the default for future transfers. To invoke the command with an IPv6 address, the IPv6 address must be enclosed in a pair of square brackets Exit Typing the end-of-file character also causes an exit. Toggle verbose mode. Toggle packet tracing. Show current status. Set the per-packet retransmission timeout, in seconds. Set the total transmission timeout, in seconds. Shorthand for "mode ascii" Shorthand for "mode binary" Set the block size for data transfer. The client and the server communicate to arrive upon a block size that is suitable for use on the network medium. The valid range is 8 to 65464 octets. The default value is 512 octets. Set the retransmission timeout, in seconds. The client and the server communicate to arrive upon a retransmission timeout value. The valid range is 1 to 255 seconds. The default value is 5 seconds. Toggles the use of transfer size. This option is implemented for binary mode transfers only. By default, this option is disabled. If this option is enabled, it allows the receiving side to deter- mine the size of the file being transferred. When the command is used in binary mode and the size of the file is greater than the free disk space, transfer will be aborted immediately. When the command is used in binary mode, the size of the file will be sent to the server. Print help information. WARNINGS
Since there is no user-login or validation within the TFTP protocol, the remote site probably has some sort of file-access restrictions in place. The exact methods are specific to each site and are therefore difficult to document here. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
tftpd(1M). tftp(1)