Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C program multiple definition error during linking time Post 302785839 by Corona688 on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 12:23:59 PM
Old 03-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock
If you have the "extern int i" declaration in your file.h then I do not see why you would still get the multiple definition error...
I suspect the multiple definition errors became undefined external errors at some point...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell program to accept multiple request at the same time

Hi, I got a script which sends the Email to the user based on certain variables received from Tivoli Server Monitoring 6.1. Now to keep track of the mails I have wrote a stored procedure in DB2 as we use DB2 UDB as back end which take the variables that were used to send the mail and store it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcskurra
3 Replies

4. Programming

Problems while linking Fortran program (-> undefined reference to...)

Hello, we are a group of students (mechanical engineering) who are trying to port UNIX-software to a PC Linux system during a study project. The first goals were achieved: compiling the Fortran code and creating object files. However, we encounter errors during the linking process. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dynamo
0 Replies

5. Programming

Control multiple program instances - open multiple files problem

Hello. This shouldn't be an unusual problem, but I cannot find anything about it at google or at other search machine. So, I've made an application using C++ and QtCreator. I 've made a new mime type for application's project files. My system (ubuntu 10.10), when I right click a file and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

6. Programming

GCC compile help - "multiple definition" when using -g

gcc -g -o MY_ELF test1.c test2.c -lm I get this error multiple times... /tmp/cc5TzMPo.o:(.data+0x0): multiple definition of 'XYZ' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
1 Replies

7. Programming

Linking .so into C program

I have a C binary file(.so as extension) which is delivered by a product. How do i use this functionalities of this .so file in my C program? How can in link the .so to my C program? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

error:- sh: error importing function definition for `module

Hi, We have installed linux6(RHEL) OS and installed datastage application on that. First time installation worked fine and our all services related to datastage was up and running. When we stopped the datastage and restarted its giving below error while restart:- ./uv -admin -start ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
0 Replies

9. Programming

C++ Linking Error: invalid DSO for symbol

I am on a FreeBSD system trying to build a piece of software that I wrote. I had built it in the past but recently reinstalled FreeBSD. I am not sure what is going on. The software depends on and wxgtk2.8. Using g++: $ make g++ -c `wx-config --cxxflags`... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
9 Replies

10. Linux

Help with Linux linking error

Hi, Currently I am migrating codes from unix to Linux. When doing linking(ld) getting the below error. Error is :ld: invalid BFD target `--shared' Providing the script of the ld: ld -b -G -o lib/libatk.so ./src/atk_db.o ./src/atk_gcl.o ./src/atk_options.o ./src/atk_exception.o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrkar
1 Replies
cflow(1)						      General Commands Manual							  cflow(1)

Name
       cflow - generate C flow graph

Syntax
       cflow [-r] [-ix] [-i_] [-dnum] files

Description
       The  command  analyzes a collection of C, YACC, LEX, assembler, and object files and attempts to build a graph charting the external refer-
       ences.  Files suffixed in .y, .l, .c, and .i are YACC'd, LEX'd, and C-preprocessed (bypassed for .i files)  as  appropriate  and  then  run
       through	the  first pass of The -I, -D, and -U options of the C-preprocessor are also understood.  Files suffixed with .s are assembled and
       information is extracted from the symbol table.	The output of all this non-trivial processing is collected and	turned	into  a  graph	of
       external references which is displayed upon the standard output.

Each  line  of  output begins with a reference, or line, number, followed by a suitable number of tabs indicating the level.  Following the
       reference number is the name of the global, a colon, and the global's definition.  (See the option for information on names that begin with
       an  underscore.)   For  information extracted from C source, the definition consists of an abstract type declaration (for example, char *),
       and, the name of the source file and the line number where the definition was found.  The name of the source file and the line  number  are
       delimited  by  angel  brackets.	Definitions extracted from object files indicate the file name and location counter under which the symbol
       appeared (for example, text).  Leading underscores in C-style external names are deleted.

Once a definition of a name has been printed, subsequent references to that name contain only the reference number of the  line	where  the
       definition may be found.  For undefined references, only <> is printed.

The following is an example in file.c:
       int  i;

main()
       {
	    f();
	    g();
	    f();
       }

f()
       {
	    i = h();
       }
       The command
       cflow -ix file.c
       produces the following output:
       1    main: int(), <file.c 4>
       2	 f: int(), <file.c 11>
       3	      h: <>
       4	      i: int, <file.c 1>
       5	 g: <>

When the nesting level becomes too deep, the -e option of can be used to compress the tab expansion to something less than every eight spa-
       ces.

Options
       -dnum		   The num decimal integer indicates the depth at which the flow graph is cut off.  By default this is a very  large  num-
			   ber.  Attempts to set the cutoff depth to a nonpositive integer will be met with contempt.

-i_		   Includes names that begin with an underscore. The default is to exclude these functions (and data if -ix is used).

-ix		   Includes external and static data symbols. The default is to include only functions in the flow graph.

-r		   Reverse  the  ``caller:callee''  relationship  producing an inverted listing showing the callers of each function.  The
			   listing is also sorted in lexicographical order by callee.

Restrictions
       Files produced by and cause the reordering of line number declarations which can confuse To get proper results, feed the or input.

Diagnostics
       Complains about bad options.  Complains about multiple definitions and only believes the first.	Other messages may come from  the  various
       programs used (for example, the C-preprocessor).

See Also
       as(1), cc(1), lex(1), lint(1), nm(1), pr(1), yacc(1)

cflow(1)