Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rename all files at a time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename all files at a time Post 302785549 by anbu23 on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 12:55:48 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Can you search the forum

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to rename files?

:confused: How can i rename a file 'x.log' to 'x_20020512 072909.log' :eek: i'm using perl, with system command from a unix web server, and need to timestamp my logs if the above format (filename _ year month day hr min sec .log) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: CompuTelSystem
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hi, I wanna rename bunch of files which has ":" to -. ie. rename file named file1:file1 to file1-file1. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files Ax based on strings found in files Bx

Hi, I'm not very experienced in shell scripting and that's probably why I came across the following problem: I do have several hundred pairs of text files (PF00x.spl and PF00x.shd) where the first file (PF00x.spl) needs to be renamed according a string that is included in the second file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: inCH
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hi, I am new to Unix and i have a requirement where i need to write a shell script where i have to loop through various files present in a directory and rename them based on below criteria. Files in the folder are in the following format. _YYYYMMDD.dat] SDL_V1_20100530.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishoo
6 Replies

5. Linux

rename files in a folder with date&time stamp

Hi, I want to rename all the files (more than 100 files) in a fodler to another folder with date&time stamp. foe eg, file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat .. to be renamed as file1100629_16_30_15.txt (yy-mon-dd_hh_mi_ss) file1100629_16_30_16.txt .. so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If(Condition) Rename a file with (Date+Time) Stamp

Hi! Please see our current script: #!/usr/bin/ksh if (egrep "This string is found in the log" /a01/bpm.log) then mailx -s "Error from log" me@email.com, him@email.com </a01/bpm.log fi To the above existing script, we need to add the following change: 1) After finding the string,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename all files at a time by appending some characters at the begining?

Hi I have a list a filename in a directory starting with particular pattern for example: abc_1234.txt abc_7565.txt abc_7676.txt abc_7765.txt i need to rename all these files by appending bck. or bck_ Expected output: bck.abc_1234.txt bck.abc_7565.txt bck.abc_7676.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)