Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Moving multiple filetype in a single loop Post 302785167 by pandeesh on Monday 25th of March 2013 04:00:44 AM
Old 03-25-2013
Thanks balajesuri! glob fulfilled my requirement

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving and renaming multiple files

Greetings, I know i can use the mv command to move and rename one file. How can I do this with multiple files? example pic01.bmp to pic0001.bmp how can i perform this function on an entire directory of sequential files and keep them in sequence? Hints, suggestions are most welcome:) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocinante
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files with space, in for loop

Hi All I need to put a bunch of specific files in a directory (with loads of other files), into a tar archive. The best way I thought of doing this was putting the filenames into a file, reading them line by line in a for loop, and then adding them to a tar acrhive. However the filenames have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding counter to a variable while moving in a loop

The scenario is like this : I need to read records from a file one by one and increment counter1, if a certain field matches with a number say "40"..the script should increment the counter2 and also extract a corresponding field from the same line and adding them one by one and redirecting the the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using multiple values for single variable in a loop

Hello Guys, I have a small loop problem as below. I have 3 different values to be used while running the same script - va1="some-value1" va2="some-value2" va3="some-value3" Now I want to use these three variable values to be used for running the same command, like - while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk match multiple columns in multiple lines in single file

Hi, Input 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 7387 7898 chrX.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr21.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr9.fa chr5.fa 7898 7387 chrX.fa chr3.fa Desired Output 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 2 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] moving multiple files? mv

HI I have a list of files that are incorrectely names and I need to move them to new name .. I tried few things that has not worked so far can you help ? I need to rename all thes eifle ( tere are over 100 ) xldn0357bap.orig.new xldn0389bap.orig.new xldn0439bap.orig.new... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of loop :Splitting a single file into multiple .dat file

hdr=$(cut -c1 $path$file|head -1)#extract header”H” trl=$(cut -c|path$file|tail -1)#extract trailer “T” SplitFile=$(cut -c 50-250 $path 1$newfile |sed'$/ *$//' head -1')# to trim white space and extract table name If; then # start loop if it is a header While read I #read file Do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwagatikaP1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SMA (Single Moving Average) and Standard Deviation

Hello Team, I am using the following awk script to calculate the SMA (Single Moving Average) for an specific period but now I would like to include the standard deviation output. Could you please help me to modify this awk shell script awk -F, -v points=5 ' { a = $2; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
4 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD