Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filter (by max length) only lines not matching regex Post 302785161 by pathunkathunk on Monday 25th of March 2013 03:27:32 AM
Old 03-25-2013
Both of these work, thank you.

The problem with my original code was obscured by my choice of an example file with unrealistically short sequences. In reality my sequences are longer, and the problem with my code is that it captures headers along with short sequences.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed working on lines of small length and not large length

Hi , I have a peculiar case, where my sed command is working on a file which contains lines of small length. sed "s/XYZ:1/XYZ:3/g" abc.txt > xyz.txt when abc.txt contains lines of small length(currently around 80 chars) , this sed command is working fine. when abc.txt contains lines of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a Unix filepath max length

Hi Guys, Could anyone shed some light on the length of a Unix filepath max length pls ? thanks ! Wilson (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting the max length of string

Hi all, I have a flat file of 1000 rows. I want to check the length of the 5th column. The one having the longest length , I want to set it as DEFINED PARAMETER. So later I can check others with that particular number only. Any ideas ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to increase max username length?

Hi, This is my first post to this site. So kindly forgive if I am writing in a wrong section. My query is that... I want to modify the max username length size. I guess it is 32/64 on CentOS. Now I want to change it to 128. Is there any way to do that? Thanks in advance!! :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay303
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modify the max username length

Hey Any one... Do u know any way I can modify the max username length in unix? I guess it is 32/64 characters by default. Suppose I want to increase it to 128. i hav tried /etc/skel but no use... How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MayureshRisbud
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex matching multiple lines

I need a way to extract data from X 4T Solution 21 OCT 2011 37 .00 to account 12345678 User1 user2 X 4T Solution Solution Unlimited 11 Sep 2009 248 .00 to account 87654321 user3 user4 I need it to extract 'X' '37.00' and account number 12345678. I have extracted above stuff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter file by length, looking only at lines that don't begin with ">"

I have a file that stores data in pairs of lines, following this format: line 1: header (preceded by ">") line 2: sequence Example.txt: >seq1 name GATTGATGTTTGAGTTTTGGTTTTT >seq2 name TTTTCTTC I want to filter out the sequences and corresponding headers for all sequences that are less... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk loop for to filter lines by max value

Hi all, I'm struggling to filter my data frame. I need to print only those lines whose max value (the number of columns may vary) is above a cut-off value. My data looks like this: chr22 17565753 17565754 5 4 5 5 6 2 5 5 6 2 chr22 17565754 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantome
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter all the lines with minimum specified length of words of a text file

Hi Can someone tell me which script will work best (in terms of speed and simplicity to write and run) for a large text file to filter all the lines with a minimum specified length of words ? A sample script with be definitely of great help !!! Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter Row Based On Max Column Value After Group BY

Hello Team, Need your expertise on following: Here is the set of data: C1|4|C1SP1|A1|C1BP1|T1 C1|4|C1SP2|A1|C1BP2|T2 C2|3|C2SP1|A2|C2BP1|T2 C3|3|C3SP1|A3|C3BP1|T2 C2|2|C2SP2|A2|C2BP2|T1 I need to filter above date base on following two steps: 1. Group them by column 1 and 4 2.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
12 Replies
RNAEFFECTIVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   RNAEFFECTIVE(1)

NAME
RNAeffective - calculation of effective numbers of orthologous miRNA targets SYNOPSIS
RNAeffective [-h] [-d frequency_file] [-f from,to] [-k sample_size] [-l mean,std] [-m max_target_length] [-n max_query_length] [-u iloop_upper_limit] [-v bloop_upper_limit] [-s] [-t target_file] [-q query_file] [query] DESCRIPTION
RNAeffective is a tool for determining the effective number of orthologous miRNA targets. This number can be used for the calculation of more accurate joint p-values in multi-species analyses. RNAeffective searches a set of target sequences with random miRNAs that can be given on the command line or otherwise generates random sequences according to given sample size, length distribution parameters and dinu- cleotide frequencies. The empirical distribution of joint p-values is compared to the p-values themselves, and the effective number of independent targets is the one that reduces the deviation between the two distributions. OPTIONS
-h Give a short summary of command line options. -d frequency_file Generate random sequences according to dinucleotide frequencies given in frequency_file. See example directory for example files. -f from,to Forces all structures to have a helix from position from to position to with respect to the query. The first base has position 1. -k sample_size Generate sample_size random sequences. Default value is 5000. -l mean,std Generate random sequences with a normal length distribution of mean mean and standard deviation std. Default values are 22 and 0, respectively. -m max_target_length The maximum allowed length of a target sequence. The default value is 2000. This option only has an effect if a target file is given with the -t option (see below). -n max_query_length The maximum allowed length of a query sequence. The default value is 30. This option only has an effect if a query file is given with the -q option (see below). -u iloop_upper_limit The maximally allowed number of unpaired nucleotides in either side of an internal loop. -v bloop_upper_limit The maximally allowed number of unpaired nucleotides in a bulge loop. -s Generate random sequences according to the dinucleotide distribution of given queries (either with the -q option or on command line. If no -q is given, the last argument to RNAeffective is taken as a query). See -q option. -q query_file Without the -s option, each of the query sequences in query_file is subject to hybridisation with each of the targets (which are from the target_file; see -t below). The sequences in the query_file have to be in FASTA format, ie. one line starting with a > and directly followed by a name, then one or more following lines with the sequence itself. Each individual sequence line must not have more than 1000 characters. With the -s option, the query (or query file) dinucleotide distribution is counted, and random sequences are generated according to this distribution. If no -q is given, random sequences are generated as described above (see -d option). -t target_file See -q option above. REFERENCES
The energy parameters are taken from: Mathews DH, Sabina J, Zuker M, Turner DH. "Expanded sequence dependence of thermodynamic parameters improves prediction of RNA secondary structure" J Mol Biol., 288 (5), pp 911-940, 1999 VERSION
This man page documents version 2.0 of RNAeffective. AUTHORS
Marc Rehmsmeier, Peter Steffen, Matthias Hoechsmann. LIMITATIONS
Character dependent energy values are only defined for [acgtuACGTU]. All other characters lead to values of zero in these cases. SEE ALSO
RNAhybrid, RNAcalibrate RNAEFFECTIVE(1)