Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX apps on CYGWIN
Operating Systems HP-UX UNIX apps on CYGWIN Post 302783829 by lchunleo on Thursday 21st of March 2013 04:28:35 AM
Old 03-21-2013
UNIX apps on CYGWIN

Hi all,

am new to the forum. i would like to check with the community whether anyone had tried to run self-developed UNIX apps on the CYGWIN? Does the CYGWIN presents a friendly environment to host the UNIX apps? thanks Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3d graphics apps for unix/solaris

Hi, I noticed that SUN is selling the Blade 100 workstation for < 1000. I am considering buying one with a high end graphics card for 3D animation/graphics (and also some java development). I am wondering if any relatively inexpensive graphics applications exist for Unix/Solaris machines. Anybody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eqpfunk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

launching OSX apps in UNIX

How do you launch an OSX app in UNIX? -Mad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madknowledge
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Basic Unix Commands for cygwin

Hi. I'm New user for this Forum.Presently i'm working with Cygwin I want to know the basic commands that will be used for Cygwin. Can anyone guide me on this regards Thanks & Regards Sanjay (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.karthik
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you use linux apps on unix

I know its a stupid question... but i cant find anyone that will host on linux for the prices i want. I want to host a game server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sLaeYa^^
2 Replies

5. Programming

How to complie a c++ program in Unix or Cygwin?

Can I use gcc to compile a piece of c++ code? Do I need to name the file that contains the code as .cpp? Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using alias in cygwin unix

i have a cygwin unix and i would like to use alias to save a cd command.. however i lose this alias when i close out cygwin and log back in.. is there any way to save this command so that i can use it every time i log in? i am using cygwin on windows xp. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Emulator Cygwin

Hi, I installed unix emulator cygwin, it does not allow me to open vi editor. Can anybody know if cygwin supports vi. if not can somebody please refer a good emulator. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siquadri
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

New Guy looking for a place to start for UNIX Server and n-tier apps

:o no longer need this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokposman
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I rebuild applications that developed in UNIX? I need to use it in windows os with cygwin

I need to rebuild an application that developed in unix environment and run in windows OS with cygwin. so How can I rebuild from the source code? is there any one who said something on this regard? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejirond
2 Replies
gjacktransport(1)					      JACK transport control						 gjacktransport(1)

NAME
gjacktransport - JACK transport control application SYNOPSIS
gjacktransport [options] DESCRIPTION
gjacktransport gjacktransport is a tool that provides graphical control over JACK Audio Connection Kit's transport mechanism via a dynamic graphical slider. In other words: this software allows to seek Audio/Video media when they are played along JACK transport. It features * customizable keyboard shortcuts * custom start/end markers for transport slider in various units * memory presets for start/end markers. * auto-zoom and reposition slider * flexible layout & window * save and restore settings. * (optional) session-management via LASH. and is intended for JACK apps which do not themselves provide a timeline (fi. ecasound, xjadeo,..) and to supplement other apps which do (fi. ardour, hydrogen, seq24,..) OPTIONS
run gjacktransport --help for a list of options FILES
@sysconfdir@/gjacktransportrc SEE ALSO
gjackclock(1) AUTHOR
Robin Gareus <robin@gareus.org> linuxaudio.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, 2010 Robin Gareus http://gjacktransport.sf.net November 1, 2010 gjacktransport(1)