Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is wrong with this awk statement? Post 302783433 by SkySmart on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 12:28:19 PM
Old 03-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloM
So, why is it inside the BEGIN block? Smilie

You could have something like:
Code:
awk -F, '/'"${MONTH}"' '"${DAY}"' '"${TIMEH}:"'/,0 {if(NF==10) {print $10"-"$4} else {print $13"-"$4}}'

this did the trick. Thank you!!!!!!!!

---------- Post updated at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
In the BEGIN section, no file is read yet, so NF is not defined. Try
Code:
echo $line | awk -F -v DateTime="${MONTH} ${DAY} ${TIMEH}" \
    'match ($0, DateTime) {InRange=1}
     InRange && NF==10    {print $10"-"$4; next}
     InRange              {print $13"-"$4}
    '

this too, thanks so much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this find statement ?

cmd="find /a/technologies -name '*.jar' | grep \"Tuning/specificloader/lib\"" echo $cmd for index in `$cmd` do SL_JARS="${SL_JARS}:${index}" done gives error ==> find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but for index in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with the do statement?

hi guys, here's the code $ cat getsums.sh #!/usr/bin/sh FILENAME=$1 DELIMITER=$2 FIRST_COL=$3 SECOND_COL=$4 SALESDATE_COL=$5 STOREID=$6 UPC=$7 GTIN=$8 PROMOID=$9 echo "" echo ".:Summation Tool:." for FILE in ${FILENAME} do (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneim
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my awk

file1: maximum_delay time: 102.794 ms maximum_delay time: 92.977 ms maximum_delay time: 98.895 ms maximum_delay time: 96.891 ms maximum_delay time: 86.966 ms maximum_delay time: 95.91 ms maximum_delay time: 98.921 ms maximum_delay time: 89.881 ms maximum_delay time: 92.931 ms... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

8. Programming

Whats wrong with this If statement?

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? Code: if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gevni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
COLUMN(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 COLUMN(1)

NAME
column -- columnate lists SYNOPSIS
column [-tx] [-c columns] [-s sep] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The column utility formats its input into multiple columns. Rows are filled before columns. Input is taken from file operands, or, by default, from the standard input. Empty lines are ignored. The options are as follows: -c Output is formatted for a display columns wide. -s Specify a set of characters to be used to delimit columns for the -t option. -t Determine the number of columns the input contains and create a table. Columns are delimited with whitespace, by default, or with the characters supplied using the -s option. Useful for pretty-printing displays. -x Fill columns before filling rows. Column exits 0 on success, >0 if an error occurred. ENVIRONMENT
COLUMNS The environment variable COLUMNS is used to determine the size of the screen if no other information is available. EXAMPLES
(printf "PERM LINKS OWNER GROUP SIZE MONTH DAY HH:MM/YEAR NAME " ; ls -l | sed 1d) | column -t SEE ALSO
colrm(1), ls(1), paste(1), sort(1) HISTORY
The column command appeared in 4.3BSD-Reno. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD