Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Send message from AIX UNIX server Post 302783357 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 10:31:33 AM
Old 03-20-2013
I am wondering - is no message being sent because there is no message?
The following is an empty message!

Code:
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
250 2.0.0 r2KA5VUt006607 Message accepted for delivery

You said you echoed "Test message" via a pipe, but I do not see that "test message" in the example you posted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email to another server on AIX

I am trying to send an email to another server but i don't seem to be able to do it. I can receive mail form other servers but not send out. I am using IBM AIX 4.x Any knows whcih configuration file i need to set ? or any network port to look out for ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send message from Unix to PC

What is the best way to send message from Unix script to PC users connected to the box ? I tried "smbclient -M <machine>" but doesn't work. I prefer not to use Samba. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnagaya
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX send mail with HTML message body and a binary attachment

I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command line switch to specify file name of a binary attachment 3. command line or input file to specify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
4 Replies

6. AIX

how to configure server to send email in AIX

Hi, anyone can guide me how to configure server to send email in AIX. My server is in a closed network, what do I need to configure and how? SMTP gateway? mail server? Thanks and best regards Solomon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Text message from unix to windows

Hi Buddies, I have a unix client and want to send a message (containg some data) to a windows Database server to query from it and return the result. I shall be so thankfull if you help me out.:b::) Warm Regards, Jessi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessica-adams
1 Replies

8. AIX

send mail configuration in AIX server

Hi All, How to configure sendmail service in AIX server ? Please tell me what all changes has to be made in sendmail.conf file. Please help in this issue to configure it. Thanks jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack00423
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

10. AIX

Send a file from AIX to PCOMM server

Hi folks, I am having an issue here.Currently, my system sends a file from AIX using CICS program to mainframe . However, Now I need to send file from AIX using CICS program or any other alternative to PCOMM server. Can anyone enlighten me !! Rgds, Targetshell (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
4 Replies
GAMMU-SMSBACKUP(5)						       Gammu							GAMMU-SMSBACKUP(5)

NAME
gammu-smsbackup - gammu(1) SMS backup file format. The SMS backup format is text file encoded in current encoding of platform where Gammu is running. This file use ini file syntax, see ini. SECTIONS
The file consists of sections, whose name starts with SMSBackup. When creating the backup file, three digits are appended to this text defining order. While reading the backup, any part after SMSBackup text is ignored and everything which begins with this is processed. So you can as well give the section name SMSBackupFoo and it will be processed. The number of messages in backup file is currently limited by GSM_BACKUP_MAX_SMS (100000 at time of writing this document). SMSBackup section Each section interprets one physical SMS message (eg. one message part in case of multipart messages). Decoded text For SMS backups created by Gammu, there is a decoded text as a comment just after the section name: [SMSBackup001] ; This is message text The text can be split to more lines if it is too long or of original message included new lines. Note This is easiest way to get message text, however also the least reliable one, because it is stored in the comments in the file. Variables The following variables can be defined for each SMS: SMSC Text representation of SMSC number, not used by Gammu if SMSCUnicode exists. SMSCUnicode Hex encoded UCS-2 string with SMSC number. Class Message class. Sent Timestamp, when message has been sent. PDU Message type, one of: o Deliver - received message o Submit - message to send o Status_Report - message to send with delivery report DateTime Timestamp of message (sent or received). RejectDuplicates Whether receiver should reject duplicates. ReplaceMessage ID of message to replace. MessageReference Message reference number as generated by network. State State of the message: o Read o UnRead o Sent o UnSent Number Recipient number. Name Name of the message. Length Length of message text. Coding Coding of the message: o 8bit - binary message o Default - GSM encoding, up to 160 chars in message o Unicode - Unicode encoding, up to 70 chars in message Text00 ... TextNN Numbered parts of the message payload. Folder ID of folder where the message was saved. UDH User defined header of the message. EXAMPLE
The backup of message can look like following: [SMSBackup000] #ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ # SMSC = "+4540590000" SMSCUnicode = 002B0034003500340030003500390030003000300030 Sent = 20021201T025023 State = UnRead Number = "+4522706947" NumberUnicode = 002B0034003500320032003700300036003900340037 Name = "" NameUnicode = Text00 = 004100420043004400450046004700480049004A004B004C004D004E004F0050005100520053005400550056005700580059005A000A Coding = Default Folder = 1 Length = 27 Class = -1 ReplySMSC = False RejectDuplicates = True ReplaceMessage = 0 MessageReference = 0 AUTHOR
Michal iha <michal@cihar.com> COPYRIGHT
2009-2012, Michal iha <michal@cihar.com> 1.31.90 February 24, 2012 GAMMU-SMSBACKUP(5)