Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find command with ignore directory Post 302783355 by yadavricky on Wednesday 20th of March 2013 10:21:19 AM
Old 03-20-2013
RedHat Find command with ignore directory

Dear All,

I am using find command
Code:
find /my_rep/*/RKYPROOF/*/*/WDM/HOME_INT/PWD_DATA -name rk*myguidelines*.pdf -print

The problem i am facing here is find /my_rep/*/
the directory after my_rep could be mice001, mice002 and mice001_PO, mice002_PO

i want to ignore mice***_PO directory while search, and look for all other directory mice001, mice002 and so on...

Early help will be appriciated

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using find command only in current directory

I am trying to use the find command to find files in the current directory that meet a certain date criteria. find . -type -f -mtime +2 However, the above also checks the directories below. I tried -prune, but that seems to ignore this directory completely. I read about using -path w/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jliebling
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command, -name by directory and subdirectory?

Hi All, I'm trying to use the find command to return matches for a directory and file. For example, given the following directories: /one/two/three/file1.txt /one/three/two/file1.txt /one/four/two/three/file1.txt I'm expecting the following to be returned: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find: ignore directory completely

Hello, I know find can be prevented from recursing into directories with something like the following... find . -name .svn -prune -a type d But how can I completely prevent directories of a certain name (.svn) from being displayed at all, the top level and the children? I really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwb123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Command Include Sub Directory

This script writes the output files to FILES but I don't want to exclude all directories from ABC_CHQ and LYS_ADV, I want to include one sub directory name process which is under ABC_CHQ and LYS_ADV in the search. Right now its excluding everything from prune directories such as ABC_CHQ, LYS_ADV... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: John William
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out directory where command is located

so i have a script that i do not want copies of that script to be roaming around. i want that script to be in only one location on the filesystem, and whoever wants to use it should just link to it. any idea on how to exit from a script if it is detected that the running version is a copy and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command with Ignore Access issues

Hi, I am using following command to find a specific file. find . -name "find*.txt" -type f -print I am issuing that command at root directory since I don't know in which sub folder that file is getting created from some other process. As I am not having access to all directories, my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RameshCh
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX find ignore directory

I am using aix. I would like to ignore the /u directory. I tried this but it is not working. find / -type f -type d \( -path /u \) -prune -o -name '*rpm*' 2>/dev/null /u/appx/ls.rpm /u/arch/vim.rpm (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
whereis(1)						      General Commands Manual							whereis(1)

NAME
whereis - Locates files for programs SYNOPSIS
whereis [-bms] [-u] [-BMS directory... -f] program... The whereis command locates source, binary, and/or reference page files for the specified program program. OPTIONS
The -b, -m, and -s options can be used in combination to restrict the search. Searches for an executable program. Searches for the refer- ence page for a program. Searches for the sources of a program. Use the -B, -M, and -S options to change or limit the places whereis searches. Specifies the binary directories to search. Specifies the reference page directories to search. Specifies the source directories to search. The other options that can be used with whereis are as follows: Terminates the last directory list and signals the start of program names. Used with other options to indicate when there is no file for program in the default or specified directory or directories (source, binary, or reference page). DESCRIPTION
The whereis program locates source, binary, and reference pages for the specified programs. When looking for a match, the program names are stripped of leading pathname components and any trailing extensions of the form (for example, s. resulting from the use of the Source Code Control System see sccs(1), are also handled. The default directories searched by the whereis command are as follows: /etc /etc/nls /sbin /usr/bin /usr/lbin /usr/lbin/spell /usr/ccs/lib /usr/lib /usr/local /usr/hosts /usr/sbin EXAMPLES
To find files matching cat in the default source, binary, and reference directories, enter: whereis cat To search for reference pages for app13 in the directory /usr/local/man, enter: whereis -M /usr/local/man -f -f appl3 To find the programs in /usr/bin that do not have ref- erence pages in /usr/share/man/man1 with source files in /usr/src/cmd, enter: whereis -u -M /usr/share/man/man1 -S /usr/src/cmd -f /usr/bin/* To find which files in the current directory either have no reference pages in the default reference directories or have more than one, enter: whereis -m -u * FILES
Default binary directories. Default binary directories. Default reference directories. Default source directories. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), find(1), man(1), which(1), catman(8) whereis(1)